League 2 round up

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bought the Football League paper today to read through whilst i sat for 2 hours in one of those brain numbing indoor kiddies play centres whilst my little one played and I noted some interesting points. The exit being the first. :-D

First of all an annoying feature in their League 2 team of the day didn't include ANY Gulls despite us being on of the longer priced teams on saturdays coupon and some would say us causing a minor upset.

Secondly, looking at the leading scorers chart for League 2 there isn't ONE player from the six auto promotion chasing clubs in the top 10. There is only James Constable in the top 10 of the clubs in the play offs too. Duffy at Cheltenham has got 10 and he is in 13th place, Collins of Shrewsbury also has 10 and is in 14th place. McLeod of Barnet leads the way on 17 and the rest are made up of players from mid-bottom table teams. I find this very interesting as i have clamoured for Lingy to bring in a regular goalscorer up top and although it would be beneficial to our team, looking at these stats it is maybe not imperative to success to do that.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.