League 2 round up

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

League 2 round up

Post by exilegull »

Several important games last night...

In the race for automatic, results went our way with Cheltenham only managing a point at home to Wimbledon and Southend losing at Aldershot leaving them 4 and 3 points above us respectively but having played a game more. Swindon came from behind to beat Shrewsbury which is also positive as I suspect Swindon will go on to win the league.

In the race for the playoffs Oxford extended the gap between 7th and 8th with a 2-1 against Barnet. Gillingham and Rotherham played out a goalless draw while Crewe took advantage and on form look to be the likeliest challengers for a playoff spot - however they remain 11 points behind the gulls.

In other news Barnett left Crawley for Peterborough meaning Crawley have lose both top scorers in the window.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

I think last nights results were about as good as we could expect. We're still 11 points clear of 8th with games running out. My only concern is that we seem to have played a lot more home games than some of our rivals (17) while fewer away fixtures. This bias will play itself out and will give us a more accurate idea of where we'll end up. We need to take maybe 15+ more points to get a playoff place. I think we'll make it but it's going to be tough.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Ling's point was bang on, March matters....
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not so sure on that Gullscorer, as Crawley are ahead of us with two games in hand, only thing for them will the loss of Tubbs, and now Barnett , coupled with a number of new faces coming in have unsettled them, time will tell on that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

forevertufc wrote:Not so sure on that Gullscorer, as Crawley are ahead of us with two games in hand, only thing for them will the loss of Tubbs, and now Barnett , coupled with a number of new faces coming in have unsettled them, time will tell on that.
OK ideally we wanted them to lose but a draw is still a great result considering it was a home banker. They do seem to be struggling to score goals at the moment so the loss of Tubbs and Barnett looks to be affecting them.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'm glad they dropped points as with the teams they had to play I expected them to get nine points out of them so for them to drop points can only be a good thing for us.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

1-1 so far in shrews creepy game, that would suit us I imagine?
still keeping the faith
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Crawley drop points again then!! Just hope this is there bad spell now so we can turn them over on saturday!!
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Just noticed how bad a run they have had in the league......two wins in ten games :Oops:
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

What happens when they have to play by the same rules as everyone else. Hand forced into selling 2 big earners, they'll still turn us over sat though as standard.

I would love it if we beat them, love it.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Evans out!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

wow, hereford done what we could only dream of and gone 0-2 up at gills already!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ps guess who backed gillingham!!
still keeping the faith
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

hoping scores stay the same! maybe with a Macclesfield goal to come :lol: hope Herford can hold out and Crewe and Vale have a stalemate.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..