Cheltenham away?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Bigman wrote:Online advice suggests using their park and ride service from the racecourse which is free, anyone know if this is a good idea or anti away fans?
Hi Bigman. My Dad and I always park at the racecourse and use the park and ride. Never had a problem. Always a gull or two on there.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Got my ticket today, should be a great atmosphere tomorrow :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

forevertufc wrote: Well Mattypoo's, I have a very badly broken orange Ford pick up truck, I believe you got rid of your orange Ford, so you are should be safe, with either the Audi or Merc :-D
Why do you have a pick-up and why is it orange? If the engine in yours is fecked, you can probably pick up an RS lump and stage II it for a couple of grand. 400 horse power should be enough. It'll be useless for towing and lugging loads, and it'll be a dog to drive, too much power, not enough grip, but it'll be fun.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Hubert Parry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hubert Parry »

Hello Gulls,

Very much looking forward to the game tomorrow. Two excellent sides that have been built on real endeavour, spirit and good management. It is nice to know that success can be had without splashing the cash. We have hit a bit of a blip ever since the Spurs game and have struggled to really hit the heights that we managed against Southend; however, we have been promised a retaliation and we shall be up for the battle tomorrow.

In terms of parking, my advice is to park on Pitville Circus Road. It looks like a fair way from the ground, but there are numerous passages that cut through the estates. It is free and no more than a five minute walk to the ground.

Have a safe trip, and I look forward to a great game!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wotcha Hubs,

Just had a look on your board, not much to see really, but it does seem you've been performing not so well for a little while. Tell your man, forget his name, who reckons that you'll 'tear us apart' if you play well that he's a clown.

Your pitch will be in good nick I hear, absolutely delighted. We've dispatched the best footballing side I've seen this year (Shrews) on an ok pitch, so I look forward to seeing two proper teams on a really good surface.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Thanks for the advice HP and it does promise to be an engrossing game for both sets of fans. Hope it turns out that way!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by goldenblue »

Just got the green light to go, anyone know how far the Travel Lodge is from the ground?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

goldenblue wrote:Just got the green light to go, anyone know how far the Travel Lodge is from the ground?
I don't goldenblue but i DO know that whatever hotel you'll end up in you'll be kept awake all night by humping valentines in every room! That and the hotelier thinking your a bit weird for booking a hotel room alone on valentines! I thought about staying overnight but i'd now rather drive home to Derbyshire than listen to rutting couples. :whip: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

goldenblue wrote:Just got the green light to go, anyone know how far the Travel Lodge is from the ground?
Think its on the road leading into Cheltenham so a Taxi would be best bet I'd say.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

if anyone needs a lift i am leaving Kingsteignton at 5.30 pm and have space for 2 people....
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Hi Kingsgull

Might suggest you leave a bit earlier than 5:30, it took me nearly 2 hours this morning (left at 7:30) from Paignton to our office which is just off 11a, and I wasn't hanging around , lots of road works and 50mph average speed camaras, especially if they are closing the main road in to cheltenham off junction 11.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

As per Alex's link earlier in the thread, beaware of the road closures around the M5 and Cheltenham for those leaving from Torquay.

If you are coming via the M4 can I suggest getting off at Junction 15 and going up on the A419 and avoiding the M5 route.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Can't make this after all as i can't get away until 5 from Chesterfield so won't make it. P****d off but i'm determined to make it to Gillingham instead so sorry lads but it's one less singer i'm afraid.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

cheers Markw and awayday...will leave @ 5pm just to be safe...nip in via Macadees on route !!!

See you all there COYY :scarf: :scarf:
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Bah! My local game and I can't go as I have a dinner out with Mrs Stratford.....even got three of my mates in the village going down to the game just to rub it in. Hope everyone has a good time of it and make sure you bring me back 3 points!!! The Robin's supporters that I know were particularly unhappy at the singing to them of 'wheels on your house go round and round' last year so make it extra loud this time!!! Cheers all.....