Cheltenham away?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

There will be tickets on the day.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

bet365 make us 12/5 to win on tuesday night, given that cheltenham have dropped 5 points this week i'd have thought that is a superb price. the same bookie made us 6/4 today, which again, with a more confident (and competent) gambler, should have been capitalized upon

our regular 1-2 away result is available at 11/1 with the same firm, and that score with ellis to score first (165/1) or anytime (70/1)
still keeping the faith
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

thanks for that , looking forward to this one
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

markw wrote:so will there be no tickets for away fans on sale on tuesday night ?
I thought there was some pay on the day available? I bleedin well hope there is, otherwise it will be a wasted journey for me!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Jeff;
Southampton Gull wrote:There will be tickets on the day.

A question though, is it cheaper to buy beforehand or not?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No idea mate, I never bother getting them beforehand unless I have to.
Dave

AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

According to Football Ground Guide its £1 cheaper to buy tickets in advance so the prices on the website are for advance prices and not on the day prices. So I'd expect it to be £21 Adults and £8 under 16's for those paying on the day.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I will be there with the drum :) and buying my ticket on the night. We have never sold out at Cheltenham that I can remember but I am not too worried, I am sure I will get in on the night. Personally I think we will be well short of 800 let alone 1100.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

How many coaches are going?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just phoned Cheltenham and it is £20 adults and pay on the turnstiles. I might be able to get down for the game after all but am wondering where to park. I've only been once in our promotion season 2004/05 and i remember parking in a working mens club car park near the ground although i think i got there well early but my memory about what is around the ground is a bit vague. I'm not expecting to get there before 7 so can anyone advise me on the best places to park my car? Thanks all.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You can park right next to the ground in the social club car park Andy. I think they charge a fiver from memory. Get to the ground and ask a steward, it's really simple to find.
Dave

Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Online advice suggests using their park and ride service from the racecourse which is free, anyone know if this is a good idea or anti away fans?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers Dave, that must have been where i parked last time i went. All i'm thinking though is that if i rock up at about 7 it will be full and i can't remember what is around the ground in terms of where to park. By the way i did believe you about the 'pay on the day' but i thought i'd better just check for myself. I'm like that! Cheers.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You're a northerner, it's taken for granted that you're a disbelieving cock :)

I reckon you'll still get in at 7 mate.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sadly can't go this season due to fatal engine failure in my truck, and how much its going to cost to put right :'(

I parked last season in there club car park, as Dave says it does cost £5 however it has stewards on the car park all night , and is right next to the ground, got in and out of that car park with no problems at all.
Formerly known as forevertufc