one hour!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

one hour!!

Post by bixieupnorth »

until the transfer window slams shut and still no sign of either ins or outs at plainmoor!

do we think it'll end the same? not heard any rumours at all, except the one about jakey coming back? fingers crossed and we'll still have our crown jewels intact on feb 1st!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 31 Jan 2012, 22:00, edited 9 times in total.
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

anyone else think we should email a link to this article on the FL website to our admin office, just in case....??!!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/featur ... 07_2587373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 25 Jan 2012, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Sorry to say it but realistically you have to expect eunan will leave. Lets just hope we can get deal where we get him straight back on loan. If not im sure lingy has a contingency plan
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Don`t forget the loan window opens as the transfer window closes and it would appear that ML has fingures in pies!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The geezer ain't stoopid, he knows we need to replace Bodin with another attacker. In Martin we trust. :bow:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Tbh think Nathan Craig will be bodin replacement. Anyone heard how hes doing in training?
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

The most important thing is keeping the current squad together. I don't think we need much more than we already have, the nucleus is there, we just lack any real strength in depth. This is where we could fall down as fatigue and suspensions kick in towards the end of the season, but I don't think signing anyone permanently, unless they'll really add something and be a player we could keep, is the answer. I would rather cover this with loan signings until suitable players to sign up are available, which will most likely be over the summer when there are always more options around. Rushing in and signing a bunch of players at the end of the window seems like a massive panic and always pose a huge risk.

I trust Ling though, as he showed over last summer he's willing to bide his time and wait for the right players.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Agree 100% Lee. Get someone in on loan as cover incase Howe struggles to find some form again.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I think it's very unlikely we'll get anyone in before the window shuts (other than Nathan Craig), sounds like Lingy's waiting for the loan market to open to plug any holes in the squad.

As for outgoings, the rumour mill has been surprisingly quiet since everyone in the Championship was initially linked with Eunan. I'm hoping this means there isn't sufficient genuine interest to push through a transfer, but am still wary of all the business that's usually done on deadline day.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Anyone know when Eunan is out of contract? Cheers.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

austrianandygull wrote:Anyone know when Eunan is out of contract? Cheers.
He signed a two and half year extension a few months back so we have no worries yet!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Richinns. Thats good then, i can see him staying until the end of the season to help us try and get promotion and then Torquay will court bids for him in the summer. I would be surprised if he went before January is out.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

I think it all depends on how ambitious he is. Am I right in thinking Ireland qualified for the euros?, if so then he might want the move to try and fight his way into the squad. I know is bit of a long shot but its not like Ireland have masses of quality
harpenden gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: E O'Kane

Post by harpenden gull »

I have a friend who is a Reading supporter/employee and he knows that Eunan has been watched by them BUT of course all of a sudden there may be big money in the coffers at Reading so bringing on a talented youngster may not be part of their plans now if you can buy expensive experience to ensure they get promoted.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

popside_yidlad wrote:I think it all depends on how ambitious he is. Am I right in thinking Ireland qualified for the euros?, if so then he might want the move to try and fight his way into the squad. I know is bit of a long shot but its not like Ireland have masses of quality

Is this tongue in cheek? Eunan has never played regularly above league 2 level and has absolutely no hope in hell of making the Ireland squad this summer despite how good he is. Maybe in a couple of years he may get a look in if he moves to the Championship and does well. For Eunan making EURO 2012 there is more chance of Bixie winning a football bet!!! Nice idea though popside. He does deserve to be on the radar of Trappatoni at the very least. I have no doubt that Eunan is ambitious but i think it would suit him and us if he gave it until the end of the season then made a move. Of course i don't know what sort of offers we may have for him and if one is too good to turn down this week then he must go, but if that is the case i would hope we could work out a deal with the buying club whereby we keep him on loan until the end of the season.