Lloyd Macklin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Lloyd Macklin

Post by stevegull »

Apparently scored a cracker for Salisbury in the FA Cup today against Sheffield United.

He did only come off the bench though, and played for about 30 minutes.

Basically, I think he's due back soon, do you see him figuring in Ling's plans? A lot of people were excited by his pre-season displays, most notably against Exeter, but he wasn't really given a go in the league. But now with uncertainty over the future of Bodin and a general lack of depth in wide areas surely it's time he's given a go of it for us, at least on the bench. Maybe send Halpin out on loan to get similar first team experience?

Your thoughts, gents.. (and ladies!)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

according to the commentator on SSN, he came on and was brilliant and very positive. Deserves 90 minutes for us i think.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

All depends what his attitude is like when training. If he goes back and is the same old cant be bothered to do this in training then he wont get a game. I hope for his sake hes learnt abit while on loan and is hungry to work hard for games with us.

Hes done well for Sailsbury from what a few people have been telling me, so fingers crossed hes hungry as we could do with him on his game. Hes has the ability/protential but its down to him to make it work or not.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tufcbrett wrote:All depends what his attitude is like when training. If he goes back and is the same old cant be bothered to do this in training then he wont get a game. I hope for his sake hes learnt abit while on loan and is hungry to work hard for games with us.

Hes done well for Sailsbury from what a few people have been telling me, so fingers crossed hes hungry as we could do with him on his game. Hes has the ability/protential but its down to him to make it work or not.
thats what i heard to brett from my my mate who goes to watch them.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Only seen him play once this season, at the JPT game at Cheltenham, and he was arguably our best player on the night. Great pace, beat his marker for fun, tracked back well, only question mark would be delivery into the box.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If he has done so well why is he only sub was Salisbury then?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

When i saw this thread , i had a feeling it was going to be one from Brucie :) Macklin what a frustrating player, i have no doubt what he is capble of, i know it was only a p.s.f however he tore Exeter's full back a new rear end all game long back in the summer, this lad has got something about him as a player, what is his problem?

Funny feeling that Brett points to what it could be.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I'm guessing they played quite defensively, being a part time side playing away to a side flying high in a league three divisions higher, with a £3m forward.

He'll surely have a chance here when he comes back, especially if it's before Bodin or a replacement arrives. Stevens has shown consistent form and earnt a regular place, he needs to do the same.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I too thought he was good at Cheltenham and he has a genuine goal threat. More so than Stevens and about the same as Bodin i feel if he played regularly. He's a more natural striker/attacking winger.

He's still very raw, he reminds me of Carayol in the early days and his crossing and decision making at Cheltenham wasn't always the best.

I still think we might see a Carayol esque burst out of him, where he might play 6 or 7 games on the spin out of neccesity and be one of our better players.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

forevertufc wrote:When i saw this thread , i had a feeling it was going to be one from Brucie :) Macklin what a frustrating player, i have no doubt what he is capble of, i know it was only a p.s.f however he tore Exeter's full back a new rear end all game long back in the summer, this lad has got something about him as a player, what is his problem?

Funny feeling that Brett points to what it could be.
Sadly the issue is what i said. He has been given a 2nd chance by Ling. We signed him on a long contract because he has the ability, hes just doing what muzzy did and its fustrating. Ling has sent him on loan to get games and then come back and sort it out.
I hope he does because we all know he would be a decent player for the side, and his goal yesterday just shows he has the ability.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:If he has done so well why is he only sub was Salisbury then?
Doesn't fit into the system they wanted to play in this highly unusual game.
Carrying a light injury which isn't worth risking for a game they probably aren't going to win.
Keeping him fresh for a very important league campaign rather than wasting his efforts in a match they probably aren't going to win.

Being on the bench for an hour in a single match does not automatically make him a bad player.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote: Doesn't fit into the system they wanted to play in this highly unusual game.
Carrying a light injury which isn't worth risking for a game they probably aren't going to win.
Keeping him fresh for a very important league campaign rather than wasting his efforts in a match they probably aren't going to win.

Being on the bench for an hour in a single match does not automatically make him a bad player.

Matt.
:nod:

I hope he gets a go at it, we have certainly sunk enough money into him, by giving him such a long initial contract. However, would Ling be less likely to play him as he is one of Buckle's players and not one of his own signings? It would certainly give him more room in the budget if he moved him on...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Seems like Lloyd Macklin made a good impression on Saturday and not just with the Salisbury fans either ...

"I thought the scorer was a different class to the rest of their team.Luckily for us he was only sub. " and "Was that their number 17? Macklin was it? I thought he looked a good player" and "Also as said their scorer Lloyd Macklin did too, he started last season at Torquay, he is quick, what we need. Get him on trial as well " ... all comments taken from one of their (SUFC) fans' sites ...

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2115579462

Certainly took his goal well. I believe that he has now ended his loan spell with Salisbury, as originally agreed, and returned to us. Hopefully gets a run out in the Reserves soon - perhaps against Willand tomorrow? The last time I saw him play, for the Reserves v Crawley he scored a quality individual goal and I believe he has been working on building up his upper body strength which will hopefully improve him as a player. He certainly has enough natural attributes to make it as a player at this level, just needs to convert all that potential into consistent performances. It will certainly be good to have him back on our bench, if nothing else, as he certainly offers a real threat when he's in the mood and I would imagine his spell at Salibury will have done him no harm at all.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup ... ighlights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone who would like to see Macklins goal. On the right scroll down to the Southampton Salisbury game. Decent finish, sign him up haha.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

stevegull wrote: :nod:

I hope he gets a go at it, we have certainly sunk enough money into him, by giving him such a long initial contract. However, would Ling be less likely to play him as he is one of Buckle's players and not one of his own signings? It would certainly give him more room in the budget if he moved him on...
Mark Ellis. Robbo, The Irish wizard, Little Danny, none of these are Martin's signings, but they are all regulars. Personally, I like Lloyd. I think, given the chance, he could do well for TUFC. I do, however, understand that some people find him frustrating.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."