Buckle Sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'm gutted that he's gone aswell. I was looking forward to "Welcoming" him back to Plainmoor.

Whats Lubos Kubik doing these days?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

AlexGulls wrote:I'm gutted that he's gone aswell. I was looking forward to "Welcoming" him back to Plainmoor.

Whats Lubos Kubik doing these days?

In the States as opposed to Buckle in a collapsed state due to being pole axed from his lofty aloofness.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/ ... bos-kubik/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :devil:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Any coincidence that Bucks is allegedly off to the US, and the Republicans are starting to vote for their next presidential candidate....he thinks so highly of himself he is probably going over thinking he can rule the US - the (alleged) most powerful job in the world :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

:O :O :O :lol:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Any coincidence that Bucks is allegedly off to the US, and the Republicans are starting to vote for their next presidential candidate....he thinks so highly of himself he is probably going over thinking he can rule the US - the (alleged) most powerful job in the world :-D
:clap: :rofl:
The gulls are going up
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

UP YOURS BUCKLE!
UP YOURS BUCKLE!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Buckle's future decided after Crewe loss, says chairman Higgs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16404201.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Sidbury United are urgently seeking a new manger / coach for their Devon and Exeter league team

Advantages
- Very Few Fans to moan at you
- No supporters Forums to moan at you
- You can genuingly moan about crap pitches
- ....and not just rugby being played on these pitches, but dog fouling, mountain biker and under-aged sex as well

Disadvantages
- No dug-outs (in most cases) to keep their hair looking right
- No budget
- No radio interviews to sell yourself

Your choice bucks, but I reckon it is right up your street.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gary Johnson would be an absolute disaster for BRFC. He took on an almost identical job this time last year at NTFC and made a right cake and arse of it. Now cockend has gone, I really couldn't care less about Bristol Rovers. No offence like, but they just don't mean anything to me.

Now, if there was some way we could get cockend to take over at NTFC, he could take AC Northampton down, that would make me laugh.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Did the rovers board delay the decision as extra punishment for Buckle ?
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Certain irony that they knew he was being sacked yet let him manage the team at Barnet. All a bit cloak and dagger. A bit like Buckle in May.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

What a great couple of days!! On his possible move to the states, don't they have strict immigration rules in the US, criminals need not apply and lets face it his record at BR was pretty criminal :~D :~D
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

denspad wrote:This really has to be the best news I could have hoped for. What a complete Egotistical, self-centred and arrogant idiot. I really believe what goes around, comes around. This was just what he deserved. I wonder if he feels now that it was all worth it! - I sure as hell hope he ends up non-league now with a reality check of his own ability.

sign for BR at As for Zebs and Stanley signing for us, despite their ability - I don't want them. They had their chance to be part of this squad and they decided to go for the money. Zebs was no better than Buckle in the way he handled his departure from the club. As for Stanley, he told us all he was signing, only to the last minute. I think they both deserve to stay where they are. We just need to dig our heels in and keep Bobby and Eunan this month and I will be happy. There was a scout from MK Dons at the Oxford Game watching both of these two!

I agree. I don't want ANY of them back. They had there chance to play for the mighty Gulls, and they blew it. I am more than happy with the squad that Martin has put together.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I would take Stanley but Zebs can go feck himself. Consistantly failed at other clubs than here yet he still thought he was better than us. If Carayol fancies a return I would be up for that but seeing as he is the only player who has had a good season for Rovers I would imagine this is very unlikely!

Really depends on what Mr Ling wants and needs - to this point I think we can say he has gained our trust and seems to have a far wider range of options than Buckle ever seemed to have.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'd take Stanley back. We never offered him a contract so he went to Rovers. Cant blame him on not waiting for an offer from us that may never of turned up.