Argyle fan here

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ArgyleForever
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Plymouth fan

Argyle fan here

Post by ArgyleForever »

Hello guys, just thought I would register and give some thoughts on the match tomorrow which I am sure you are all looking forward to.

So its the Devon derby, to be honest I dont call it the devon derby and never will, the devon derby is argyle against exeter, and maybe tufc against exeter ;-)

I am very much looking forward to a match in which crowd trouble wont be a problem. Always seems to be a friendly atmosphere when we play eachother and the banter earlier in the season was really good.

You must be warned though, we are a different side to the one you faced at plainmoor. That was our last league defeat and since then things have been on the up. 5 matches unbeaten, 2 wins and 3 draws. The team have showed incredible fight and spirit to get these results, especially to beat bristol rovers when 2 0 down at half time. Chadwick is the big man we have been lacking upfront, he works his socks off and wins nearly everything, Feeney will be making himself useful as usually, on the look out for chances and creating them himself. With darren purse in the team we look unbeatable at the back but he will be suspended so lucky howe is out for you guys i suppose, and to clear up what was said on the other thread on here, Purse will sign an 18 month contract somtime this month.

I didn't hear many positive comments about Ashley Hemmings from you guys, but to me he looks like our best player. He is sublime going down the left wing, pacy and looks to be able to beat any defender, not scared to go into a challenge either, superb player sofare and a fan fav.

At the back we still look rather shaky, but Blanchard is a good defender and tries his best to hold the back line. Onismor Bhasera is a championship LB and that makes our left side excellent.

Our real problems are in the centre of midfield, Walton seems to like having off days and it overrated while hourihane is ok but needs somebody decent next to him.

My score prediction: Argyle 2 TUFC 2
Our danger man: Ashley Hemmings and Nick Chadwick
Your danger man: Always impressed by Danny Stevens.
Crowd: 1050

Looking forward to speaking to some Gulls on the day, see you there guys
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ArgyleForever wrote: Crowd: 1050

Looking forward to speaking to some Gulls on the day, see you there guys
I think even we can beat that in our end ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ArgyleForever wrote:
So its the Devon derby, to be honest I dont call it the devon derby and never will, the devon derby is argyle against exeter, and maybe tufc against exeter ;-)
Really? That's a shame - one would have thought you would take all you could get given the fact that you are a struggling League 2 team....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ArgyleForever wrote:Your danger man : Danny Stevens.
:O
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Trojan 67 wrote: :O
Cut him a bit of slack Troj, he's clearly taken something. :-|
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ArgyleForever wrote:So its the Devon derby, to be honest I dont call it the devon derby and never will, the devon derby is argyle against exeter, and maybe tufc against exeter.

The Sid James mob is definitely our "Devon derby" as it's the closest rival to us.

Geographically, we are your closest rivals. I know what you mean though about the "big city" rivalry.

One is "Garrison City", the other the "Administrative City".

What really gets on a Greek's tits, is the playing of Semper Fidelis before every Argyle home game, when the inscription is on the Exeter City coat of arms.
Tough titty I say, as the Marines are based within Garrison City limits, as opposed to Lympstone barracks being based outside of Exeter.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I dont understand how you wouldnt call it a devon derby, the derby is two teams from the county of devon. Which in my mind makes a devon derby.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

tufcbrett wrote:I dont understand how you wouldnt call it a devon derby, the derby is two teams from the county of devon. Which in my mind makes a devon derby.

The geographically ignorant refer to Argyle as Cornish.

So isn't a "Devon derby" either way. :|
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's a South-West Peninsula Derby, so STFU ;-)
Dave

ArgyleForever
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Plymouth fan

Post by ArgyleForever »

What I mean is, its not 'the devon derby'. yes its a derby match i suppose, however I consider derbies to have a bit of hatred between the team :devil: when actually i dont mind tufc in the slightest.

Was only looking for a few sensible replies

thanks.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Don't take it personal AF, we're always like this! We're a friendly bunch anyway most of the time and thanks for your input to the site.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Reckon it'll be a good game from start to finish but am with you on the result and reckon it'll be the points shared as well!!

Just beware if McPhee gets bought on though, your in trouble then haha!!......
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

tufc si wrote:Reckon it'll be a good game from start to finish but am with you on the result and reckon it'll be the points shared as well!!

Just beware if McPhee gets bought on though, your in trouble then haha!!......

No, he is. :-/
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Beware the shank into the top corner...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Blimey - after that assessment you would think that we were playing a top of the league side. A good win at Bristol Rovers but by all accounts you were lucky to get a point at Aldershot.
I reckon you have far more going forward tna we have but we have the better central midfield pairing (by a mile) and also have the more solid defence.
if we score 2 I would most definately take us to win the game but unfortunately without Howe we probably won't score any so if you get one you will most probably win the game.
I am going for a 0-0.
Its the third game in quick sucession on a heavy pitch so there are going to be some tired legs out there.