Plymouth Argyle vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Brilliant, brilliant result today. It's not that Plymouth are a decent side but to get a win away when the home crowd are so hostile and up for it was tremendous.

1st half was very similar to the home game and as before we bossed the 2nd half. We were playing some lovely football and I just hoped we could turn it into goals. So at 2-0 we just looked a different class from them. Short sharp passes and then bang, a beautiful ball stroked to the wing, over and over again. Watching from behind the goal, rather than the side on the Pop, one could see just what a good job Lathrope is doing. Tidying up the scraps and he was possibly my man of the match.

Plymouth will try and say we were hanging on in the end but had they equalised it would have been a travesty. We have shown over both games we are a much better side than them. If we played them again in 5 weeks, the outcome would be the same.

Well done Martin Ling and the players
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

One of my highlights today was seeing our chairman going berserk along with the rest of the Yellow Army .....you wouldn't see that in the Premiership !!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

anyone registering and joining in with this lot .. http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=62297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I've tried but have to wait for an administrator to allow me to post, and can't be bothered waiting.

Its hilarious though- that atmosphere was INCREDIBLE and they have a dig over a couple of anti Plymouth songs!! 99% of todays singing was pro Torquay and I have never been involved in an away atmosphere like that at a Torquay game-AMAZING!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plymouthgull wrote:Fantastic result! Out sung them and out played them, a great day. 1,938 -what a turn out by the yellow army. Off for a large one. Well done to Ling and the boys.
Fancy 'Little' Torquay beating the 'mighty' Argyle!!

Enjoy those bragging rights mate ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Won't post about the march as its been more than adequately covered, but wanted to echo what has been said about the 1938 members of the Yellow army today, thought the drums were brillent kept the chants going , the singers across the whole of back of the away end set the tone for everyone else to join in, which everyone did..think the design of the stand helped as it channelled the noise , but that said we were awsome !!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Just back having watched the game from the Lyndhurst Stand. It was just like taking candy from babies although in fairness they did come on strong at the end although I think we sat back too much at that stage and should have killed it off. Incredible noise from the away end and I was glowing with pride at the noise and the way we were playing them off the park. Didn't have any problems with any Argyle supporters and have told them that Forest Green Rovers is a really nice away trip! ;-)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Anyone got any decent videos of us today? Not that I'll forget it..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Danny took some Nick. They'll be up soon enough ;-)

Stef, how good did it sound from where you were sat? I was in amongst all the singers at the back and it sounded really loud from there but just how good was it from your vantage point?
Dave

stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Southampton Gull wrote:Danny took some Nick. They'll be up soon enough ;-)

Stef, how good did it sound from where you were sat? I was in amongst all the singers at the back and it sounded really loud from there but just how good was it from your vantage point?
SG it was awesome and made my back tingle!!! Next year will be my 50th season and I have been in some massive crowds with Torquay ... but I don't think I have ever heard so much noise from a Torquay crowd. I hardly heard the Argyle supporters and I was sitting with them. F@cking brilliant!!! :keepie:
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

According to one of the argyle fans on the pasoti.co.uk forum, were a 'small time pub team' apparently!! Haha love it!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

stefano wrote: SG it was awesome and made my back tingle!!! Next year will be my 50th season and I have been in some massive crowds with Torquay ... but I don't think I have ever heard so much noise from a Torquay crowd. I hardly heard the Argyle supporters and I was sitting with them. F@cking brilliant!!! :keepie:

Brilliant mate. We've been building up to that for a couple of seasons now and I hope that shows everyone it was worth persevering with the young lads who started it all off.

The stewards nearly put a stop to it before it even started by trying to make us all move to the seats noted on our tickets. Thankfully most of our own fans realised what was going on and just moved elsewhere rather than cause a fuss. Proof if it were needed that our fans are some of the best in the country.

Argyle v Torquay = The Friendly Derby ;-)
Dave

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I must say I'm also glad that 90% of songs were supporting the team, instead of 'we hate argyle/city' stuff. It felt really good to be part of it today.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Brilliant mate. We've been building up to that for a couple of seasons now and I hope that shows everyone it was worth persevering with the young lads who started it all off.

The stewards nearly put a stop to it before it even started by trying to make us all move to the seats noted on our tickets. Thankfully most of our own fans realised what was going on and just moved elsewhere rather than cause a fuss. Proof if it were needed that our fans are some of the best in the country.

Argyle v Torquay = The Friendly Derby ;-)

Luckily I found an empty seat at the back ;-)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I took about 7 videos today; it is taking a long time for them to be uploaded onto the TorquayFans.com YouTube account. So far 2 have been successfully uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6hgTk5rCDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPecZhpsS8
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.