Football League Show Cancelled

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The FLS is pretty poor but the BBC is a disgrace to say their taking it off air due to budgetary reasons, when they pay Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer etc god knows how much to talk (with the most drowning of voices) about the game. The time it's on is bloody stupid as well. I try and stay up and watch it, but by the time league 2 is on it's about quarter to 1, I start falling asleep listening to Gary Lineker's voice at half 10 (MOTD) let alone at quarter to 1! Most people record the FLS nowadays and watch it in the morning, or catch the highlights online.

Sky Sports News does a show called "Goals Express (?)" or something like that and shows the goals from each game. However they do something much better than that called "Net Busters" which is just each game at a time showing the goals. No idiot gets paid to talk a load of tosh and gets to think he knows it all, it's just each game one at a time showing the goals. Net Busters is on for about 30 mins? Maybe 45 mins? But that's long enough, long enough for the real fans in football to watch their team’s goals! Why can't the BBC do something like that and air it on Sunday morning or something? That way I'm sure more fans would watch it.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If its Amber Heard pictures you're looking up, get screenshots from her TG appearance. YUMMY!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Just googled Amber to see what you fellas are getting worked up about...think she looks better with dark hair. But then, I prefer Chris Hargreaves anyway
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cant remember the last time i listened to the waffle before and after games on motd or fl show, always record it and always whizz thru that bit, sack all the talking heads and just show the hilights with one person doing the voiceovers, cheap tv
still keeping the faith
mus1908
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by mus1908 »

Well according to todays paper, the FLS will be back on the BBC next season as they are in advanced stages of talks with the BBC. And the reason there was no so on boxing day was their contract states Saturday shows only, so no show on Monday either, and as it's NYE there is no show tomorrow either.But Good news they might hyave a show on Easter Monday. :keepie:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I watch the goals express show on SSN now anyway. All I want to see is our goals and be done with it. It's on at a reasonable time and I dont have to deal with Steve Claridge.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Saturday shows only? The first rule of mass media, give the people what they want. Fecking arbitrary, work to rule, trade unionist, lefty wetbags. If there is a Football League programme, it is incumbent upon the FLS and the BBC as a public service broadcaster to provide a highlights show as it has taken the responsibility to do. Feck me, the asian loser and his puppet are doubtless paid handsomely enough to be required to do more than one show a week. What's it bloody coming to...?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Saturday shows only? The first rule of mass media, give the people what they want. Fecking arbitrary, work to rule, trade unionist, lefty wetbags. If there is a Football League programme, it is incumbent upon the FLS and the BBC as a public service broadcaster to provide a highlights show as it has taken the responsibility to do. Feck me, the asian loser and his puppet are doubtless paid handsomely enough to be required to do more than one show a week. What's it bloody coming to...?

Matt.
Got to love Manish! :/ As he emerges from what appears to be the toilet and tells Gary that "We've had great weekend in the football league, with over 50,000 goals, and even one person splitting his scrotem!"

And Claridge is without a doubt, the worst pundit ever seen in history. I wouldn't say axe the talking heads, but at least have good ones. All media companies seem to assume that the public wants to see a former pro barely getting through a sentence of "analysis".
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Funny how there is no money left for the football league but tonight there is ANOTHER Match Of The Day when there were only 2 premiershite games played!!!!!!! Knobheads!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Plus one tomorrow, and another on the 4th.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5161070.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Disgusted. disgusted.disgusted. I'm Sooo angry I feel I want to go down there and Throw Trojan at them. rip their heads off and feed them to The crocodiles in the zoo. I want to stamp on their little brains and mush them all up and and and and ggrrrr,,,rrrrrr.. :@ :@ :@ >:( >:( >:( :whip: :red:
There. that feels better now!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Have you noticed how the BBC w&nkers have cut Legue 1 & 2 previews and all European results and tables from the Ceefax service?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Their European results is already awful though, not too much to miss there!

As for League 1 & 2 previews, that's pretty awful. Shows how they just want everything online. There's no excuse really, everything's going to end up with Sky or ESPN, meaning the average fan won't have a chance to see highlights of their team because they don't want to spend £40 trillion a month (including ESPN) to watch at maximum, 2 minutes of highlights a week. Poor effort BBC.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Scottish Gull »

Bloody Bar stewards Raging is not the word!!!
DJAF