Come and Join us over here????????

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Smithys
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Come and Join us over here????????

Post by Smithys »

At the Swindon game, and I think I heard it against Barnet aswell the lads around the drum sang "Come and Join us over here!"

Now this is an agressive chant of course about fighting, one I'm familiar with from away trips with Man Utd. However when Utd fans sing they tend to be hard blokes who you wouldn't want to join anywhere. I disapprove of all football voilence, I used to think it was great, cool and big, untill I got a kicking at Everton by two lads a fews ago, I was 14, probably the same age as most of the guys chanting on Boxing day.

If Swindon fans want to get ejected then thats their lookout, but if our lads sang that against some supporters, especially away, not all fans are league 2 and freindly.

They dont strike me as the kind of lads capable of sticking up for themselves against fully grown men. I don't want to see them learn the hard way that football voilence isnt big.

I was a little disapointed to see a few older lads join in.

One Torquay fan stood below shouted "if your so f****** hard then you go to them" I stand by them most weeks and I get the feeling they aren't making many freinds.

Maybe I'm being a little unfair, but this is how It looks to me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totaly agree Smithys, and hope some of them who sing it are reading this now, i was actually thinking of putting a thread on the main board about it.

It was sung away at Rovers, home to barnet and Argyle home aswell, my message to them would be your luck is going to run out soon, as one group of fan's will accept the invitation and will come and join them, and as you say by the looks of them, they will not able to stick up for themselves, in fact would run.

So wise up and stop singing it, as i was taught growing up, never ever start , what you cant finish.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

It is not often I will refuse to sing chants, but this is one of them.

I remember back in the 80's I was in the away end at Stamford Bridge, and the Arsenal fans started singing it, and The Shed just emptied onto the pitch and ran at us. I am not sure who was most suprised, us or the players who were only half way through the 2nd half. Luckily the police horses came in and seperated the fans before it go nasty, but it does show that people will do it.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I rarely venture onto kiddies bouncy castle (Yellow Army threads), but some serious points have been raised with good reason.

The juveniles won't be the ones facing the backlash of the consequences, it will be innocent supporters who are there solely to support their team wholly in the appropriate way.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"