Taiwo Atieno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

Trojan 67 wrote:Taiwo Atieno has done well in the three games played over the festive period. Time now for Tai to go on a prolific goal scoring run and keep the fridge/freezer on the bench. :nod: ;-) :O
I remember being in the stands at Chesterfield a month or so ago when the fridge/freezer waltzed past two defenders and the keeper and scored a great goal...don't write him off just yet! :nod:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Del :O

Welcome back mate ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

If Taiwo has the game of his life tomorrow and the fridge/freezer geezer gets in a good 90 mins against Bournemouth Reserves on Tuesday, then things will be looking black for the little fella on the wing.

On joy ! Rapture ! The tiddlywink back on the bench ! :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Southampton Gull wrote:Del :O

Welcome back mate ;-)

Never really been away Dave, just decided to be a bit more selective in my posts...you never know what arguements you can get in otherwise! ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nowt wrong with arguing, that's what forums are for ;-)
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I was going to post . . . "Oh no ! Not he's back again !" ;-)

Too many browsing/lurking these days and not enough posting. :(

We need a bad run, that'll bring the lurkers out. :O

Welcome back Del. :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Tai has been woeful, often lacks effort, poor touch, lack of final play quality and goes down more often than a cheap hooker.
The only decent side of his play I have seen is he seems to be able to sniff out an opportunity.

The sooner we get shot the better.
Just hope ling does not think tai and mcphee will be decent enough back up for rest of season.

Once howe is back would like to see either tai or mcphee dropped from bench and give niall Thompson their spot. He is young, quick, got a trick and scored enough in reserves to suggest he knows where back of net is. I would use him as sub for wingers tbh more from left side so can cut in.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Our Jewish friend MUST be Brucie with a new username. Or so you'd think, except he appears to be correct, if a little over the top.

I'm still willing to give Tai another short while, see how he gets on if he plays 4-4-2 with Smeg. Lest we forget, his showing against Rovers was absolute magic and it was only for a really stupid finish that he didn't score goal of the season from an impossible position. He's got it in his locker, I think it's now a case of whether Martin has to the skills to tease it out of him permanently.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Trojan 67 wrote:I was going to post . . . "Oh no ! Not he's back again !" ;-)

Too many browsing/lurking these days and not enough posting. :(

We need a bad run, that'll bring the lurkers out. :O

Welcome back Del. :clap:

Thanks Troj. It nice to see that when I and others don't post for a while you certainly make up for it with the amount you post! :nod:
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

I promise im not brucie. I actually attend every home game so in whole I am positive about us atm.

Tai not being able to deliver the goods more than once a season is his fault not lings. After pre-season and rovers I had faith in him but he has shown that he is not good enough to deliver consistency or even sporadically. I just dont see fight in him when things go wrong which should be there no questions asked.

I hope ling does not change a system the other players are very comfortable in for the sake of atieno. That would be poor management. I would tell atieno buck up, start performing or wave professional football goodbye.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

popside_yidlad wrote:I promise im not brucie. I actually attend every home game so in whole I am positive about us atm.

Tai not being able to deliver the goods more than once a season is his fault not lings. After pre-season and rovers I had faith in him but he has shown that he is not good enough to deliver consistency or even sporadically. I just dont see fight in him when things go wrong which should be there no questions asked.

I hope ling does not change a system the other players are very comfortable in for the sake of atieno. That would be poor management. I would tell atieno buck up, start performing or wave professional football goodbye.

I agree, it is the system that is the key. It makes the best use of the players we have. I think Atenio has done a good job in deputising and therefore Ling's strategy for the season has worked during this mini-crisis. But it is quite clear that Howe is a better footballer and better suited to the system.
TUST number 080
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

I hope all our crisis yield 7 points from 9!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

DTG wrote:I hope all our crisis yield 7 points from 9!
Indeed, 7 from 9 without our main striker, which was the point I was making.
TUST number 080
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The radio commentary today said Taiwo had his best game so far, even though he didn't score. And Danny boy hit the post, and had a shot deflected for a corner. So Martin Ling will be spoilt for choice when he selects next week's team. The only worry is, has Rene Howe put on any weight since Christmas?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

this radio commentary bloke is a complete c**t!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.