Argyle tickets now on sale!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

austrianandygull wrote:I was at that Cheltenham game Nick. Was it the one where we won 2-1 i think and woodsy got a bullet header into the top corner in front of us? I remember the terrace being rammed but thought it was just because Cheltenham had quite a small away end. Great day that. Oh and going back to what the previous poster said about trouble several times at Argyle going back to the cars. Surely if you park in the club car park you'll be fine? Yes?
Nah, I think you're thinking a different one, though not sure which! The one I'm on about was in April 2004, beautiful day, and the best performance I've ever, ever witnessed from a football team. I felt priviliged seeing it, the number of Cheltenham fans who came up afterwards saying well done was crazy! No idea what game you're on about, though! =Z
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

NickGull wrote: Nah, I think you're thinking a different one, though not sure which! The one I'm on about was in April 2004, beautiful day, and the best performance I've ever, ever witnessed from a football team. I felt priviliged seeing it, the number of Cheltenham fans who came up afterwards saying well done was crazy! No idea what game you're on about, though! =Z

I remember that game Nick! It was a cracking day, some Cheltenham fans came up to us saying well done also. We won 3-1 and we went mental when the goals went in :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yeah i'm sort of right. It was 3-1 sorry i thought it was 2-1 but i was there and Woods did get on the scoresheet. It was a baking hot day too.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Ah, got ya. My bad. But yes, what a great day. I guess you weren't at Southend though?
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Fairly certain we took over 1000, maybe even a bit more, to Bournemouth a couple of seasons ago - it was in between Xmas and new year I think.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

yeah was 2 years i think...we played really well and took a 1-0 into the break and despite thier good equiliser we was robbed in the dying seconds with a non penalty..think it was connell who went down like he was shot with a tommy gun....

i will definitely be going to the Plymouth game with my son and predict a 1-1 draw...

hopefully see you all there....getting a lift with an argyle supporter !!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

NickGull wrote:Ah, got ya. My bad. But yes, what a great day. I guess you weren't at Southend though?

No sadly. Wish i could have been there. I also didn't go to our play off final win at Wembley or the FA Trophy final either but i redeemed myself by going Old Trafford.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Got a couple of tickets before the game and around 1300 had gone. Still ok for fans to pay on the day so should be over 1500...
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

With 1300 sold before and pay on the day available it should be a huge following of Gulls. Great stuff.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I know it's only a short trip, however grand effort looking forward to it now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

And there was me worrying that we'd struggle to take 1000. Top stuff.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Its fantastic to hear that we have sold 1,300 tickets. With the way our tickets are being sold and that some fans are buying tickets on the day, we might have a number close to 1,800 fans at Argyle! Great news! :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Just confirmed I have a car full going down to Plymouth on Monday , so that's another 5 of us going , and we are paying on the gate. Really looking forward to this one as I was away for the home match
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What time do you reckon would be the latest i could turn up at the Argyle car park and get a decent spot ? Anybody?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Would imagine fairly early, Andy. It's difficult because if you get stuck in the middle it's a nightmare to get out of, but then you don't want to risk not getting in.