Braintree Town promoted to the National league.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Braintree Town promoted to the National league.

Post by TommyGunn »

Beating Worthing in the final. Semi professional with a small squad and home attendances of around 800. Congratulations to them.
If they can do it, so can Torquay. :scarf:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

You can't say they don't deserve it
An away semi final and final and extra time in all three play off games It doesn't necessarily
mean finishing 2nd or 3rd gives you an advantage !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes but Torquay wasnt in London the last time I looked. Getting promotion with a part time team in Devon will be nigh on impossible.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

brucie wrote: 07 May 2024, 16:07 Yes but Torquay wasnt in London the last time I looked. Getting promotion with a part time team in Devon will be nigh on impossible.
Realistically the season is all about getting a team up and running and staying in this division. We only have 4 weeks to produce a pre season budget to satisfy the league. Getting the right manager in who understands how to build a team at this level is a priority for me.
I must admit though you are right. Promotion will be difficult. I'm still hoping we can afford 5 or 6 experienced professionals????? But maybe not this season? I must admit to feel rather deflated by the thought of being part time. The fans could do with a boost.