Will Crawley be the most hated team?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Will Crawley be the most hated team?

Post by friendlygas »

Ive posted this on our forum but would like to get your opinions too. Will Money Bags Crawley be the most hated team in the division as they seek to buy their way out of League 2? Will they be the team that everyone wants to beat? Wil Akinde shine there? I certainmly hope they fall flat on their arses!! What do you think?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

They've always been hated by our support because of their management duo. The money adds and extra dimension. Nobody likes to see teams 'gifted' promotions in the way they were. I do think fat-boy has spent well though, so fully expect them to steam roller this division. It's unfortunate for their few 'proper' fans, but at some stage it'll go bang, and there won't be much sympathy for the club from here or elsewhere.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Crawley were loathsome before they got their money. Evans is hateful and for Torquay fans in particular, their assistant manager is Paul Raynor is even worse. He is probably the biggest 'hate figure' in our club's history and that would need a separate histor lesson to explain why. That combined with their gamemanship and the way Evans and Raynor harrass officials. They are just despicable and nasty. The money makes it even worse. They will implode at some point.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

It's such a contrast with the two teams that came up:

Crawley - Loathsome management, poor support, and buying their way in

AFC Wimbledon - Down to earth hard working team and management, great support, did it the hard way

(must admit i've always had a soft spot for Wimbledon and they are only 30 min down the road from me)
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Crawley are crooked from top to bottom, can't stand them. At this level of football I've never felt animosity towards other teams because there is a mutual respect which comes from the struggle for survival. Crawley have been dealt a very lucky hand in money they have had pumped into them, but that isn't why they are disliked; it is purely down to the way they conduct themselves e.g the gamesmanship on the pitch, the history of corruption by their manager and a load of new, shallow, glory hunting fans.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Don't even get me started on Crawley Town Fc.
It's not even sour grapes just because they knocked us out the cup then got Man. Utd away - it's just the way that they operate - Steve Evans is a complete tool, and we all hate Raynor too. They play act worse than Stevenage, berate officials and the manager is a massive gobsh*te. Evans deserves to get hated on next season.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i've never felt before, the way i did leaving plainmoor after the loss against those w***ers in the FA cup this year. i think many a fan of other clubs will understand what i mean as the season progresses.

:@ :Z >:( :red:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Crawley are a complete bunch of nobs, end of.

:red:

Thinking about it, they'll be an extra bit of spice to the Bristol Rovers v Crawley fixture which you Gas can look forward to. Especially because of the FA Cup fixture last year when Evans won the battle of wits with Buckle, plus the touchline spat between Raynor & North. Should be very interesting when they both meet again & rest assured Buckle/North will be very up for beating them.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Is this the same Paul Raynor who played for us many years ago.From what I remember he was a tall forward that we loaned from I believe Nottingham Forest but he was average at best.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Easy answer to this thread - HELL YEAH!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Will Crawley be the most hated team? A rhetorical question surely! A resounding YES! :B
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

friendlygas wrote:Is this the same Paul Raynor who played for us many years ago.From what I remember he was a tall forward that we loaned from I believe Nottingham Forest but he was average at best.
I'd imagine so bay. He's even worse than Evans in my opinion, went off sniggering to the Torquay fans at HT of the FA Cup game, makes me sick that bloke, such a fat piehead.

Him & North argued about something & they both squared up to each other in a very heated exchange, before Raynor start pointing to his chest implying how small North was.

Just a bunch of wind up merchants & they're the very best at it. The more hate they get the more they love it, the wound Torquay up so much we played completely rubbish. They'll end up walking this league too which will be just as annoying unfortunately.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Im not sure they will walk this league.Their problem I think will be that they wilkl upset the team spirit by bringing in so many players.Remember that obviously the players they had did very well last season but how many of those players will actually get the chance to show what they can do in a higher standard? Very few I would think.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

friendlygas wrote:Im not sure they will walk this league.Their problem I think will be that they wilkl upset the team spirit by bringing in so many players.Remember that obviously the players they had did very well last season but how many of those players will actually get the chance to show what they can do in a higher standard? Very few I would think.
As Richard Keys might say, 'they'll smash it!"
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

you haven't even mentioned fat boy fats dodgy barnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the blonde highlights!! whats going off there?!"!!?!?!?