Taunton Town v Torquay United Tues 16 April KO 19.45.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It is laughable how people carp about anything. Dire season yet cause to celebrate.

I remember someone being ridiculed on here because they said that Osbornes money was coming from a property developer. Yet today that has proved to be true and the we went into administration because his backer pulled out. So it wasnt even Osbornes money after all.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Let's hope its settled soon or the National League could still kick us out if we are still in admin by the time of the AGM !
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Where’s the information about a property developer funding Osborne?

I assume they wanted the Quinta fields and to build a new stadium, which would have opened up more building opportunities around it?

I was one who ridiculed this notion, but am happy to apologise if it is true.

Yes, we shouldn’t be celebrating just about staying in NLS, but in the present and future circumstances I think we all feel like it’s a far better place to be than the league below. I’ll be celebrating on Saturday, but mostly in the hope we are about to finally begin the long process towards being self sustainable and the hopefully back to the Football League.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Gaming International have published new accounts which state "property funding partners withdrew financial support during March 2024 and the result of this was TUAFC appointed an Administrator on 5th April 2024"
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

The secrecy surrounding the potential purchaser is nonsense because there was more openness from the Soviet Politbureau than there has been from Torquay United during, and now post, the Osborne regime.

I read on an almost weekly basis of named prospective purchasers of other football clubs. If they can release information into the public domain, why can't Torquay United?
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

I just hope a New owner is announced some time next week after the season has finished, this will give them time to settle in and with players on summer holidays not much can be done, but it will give the owners time to start selling there ambitions to us the supporters and drive season ticket sales then the drive for a new management team and then players. To give us a really good step.

Boy I hope thinks work out for this New Chapter in TUFC history :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

The relevant passage in the GI Accounts at Companies House is on page 25 under the section Related Party Disclosures paragraphs 3 and 4.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 11:52 The secrecy surrounding the potential purchaser is nonsense because there was more openness from the Soviet Politbureau than there has been from Torquay United during, and now post, the Osborne regime.

I read on an almost weekly basis of named prospective purchasers of other football clubs. If they can release information into the public domain, why can't Torquay United?
Sorry but that is garbage !
The preferred bidder would surely go through everything at Plainmoor to see what they are getting into. I certainly don't mind waiting as long as we end up with the right people who can run the club sanely and not as the basket case it has been !!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dutchgull wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 13:18 Sorry but that is garbage !
The preferred bidder would surely go through everything at Plainmoor to see what they are getting into. I certainly don't mind waiting as long as we end up with the right people who can run the club sanely and not as the basket case it has been !!
That rules out the Starmer/Corbyn consortium then :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Can’t leave things too long, otherwise the manager will have to do last minute shopping like we did after the Play off final when most the good players were already snapped up.

Definitely an apology from me for whoever it was that stated Osborne, and so us, was being funded by property developers. I thought It utterly impossible that people would scheme like that, guess I am very naive. However we now can all see he truly had no interest in us supporters or the club, it was all about profit.

What does it mean for the loan, if it’s not actually to him, will they still try to get at least some of it back?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

That's a cracker Dave .......!!

But do you prefer King Grifters like Tice & Farage or Braverman & any Tory conperson ??
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dutchgull wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 20:48 That's a cracker Dave .......!!

But do you prefer King Grifters like Tice & Farage or Braverman & any Tory conperson ??
None of the above. I'm for anarchy and rebellion 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

No trip to Taunton next season then. Shame their lack of spending on that pitch cost them their place.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Poor old Taunton. After beating us 3 -0 at Plainmoor on 12th March in surely our most inept performance of a bad season Taunton went on to play 12 games in 34 days losing 9 drawing 2 and winning 1 for 5 points out of a possible 36! No wonder they were relegated.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 23:12 None of the above. I'm for anarchy and rebellion 😉
Glad to hear it :lol: :lol: :lol: