Taunton Town v Torquay United Tues 16 April KO 19.45.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

This does of course depend on which Torquay United side turns up tomorrow. The weak kneed, cowardly, gutless one with no will to win that went to Bath, Yeovil, that lost at home to Taunton etc. or the one with some spirit that beat Truro last week and a few odd games since Christmas. I hope for the latter, I fear the former. I’ll sit on the fence, 1-1, which wouldn’t be a disaster.
Rio Doherty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The pub

Post by Rio Doherty »

Taunton Town 1-2 Torquay United.
Chester FC supporter and volunteer with a soft spot for Torquay
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

I'm going but would prefer to be going on trip to the dentist. The sinking feeling in my stomach has sunk. Over the decades I have watched Torquay scrap like snakes in a bag against relegation but we have always had leaders in those teams. I see no leader or anyone the terrifies the living daylights out of this bunch. They walk off after defeat, heads down, thinking next game will be different. They look weak and defeated, not angry and embarrassed. Hope like the Lion in Wizard of Oz, they find some heart for the final two, crucial games.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

1-0 to Taunton and a :red: to boot.
Jackom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jackom »

easy win me thinks 3-1 the gulls - Taunton will be shattered..
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Sorry meant courage. Think it was the Tin Man after a heart!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

3-1 win for me as well.

Credit Taunton for their good results of late but I think theyve been overachieving and have been second best in some of the games thaey have got results in.

We are not in a great position more or less having to play the same eleven players every week but even so player for player we are better than they are so need to bring that onto the pitch.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Am I right in thinking that Dan Lavercombe will be suspended following his recent red card and do they will have a reserve keeper playing? That said, Bath could have played without a keeper so it sure how much of an advantage it will actually be!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

3-1 to Taunton I fear !! This is classic TUFC….
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

knightmaregull wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 18:03 Am I right in thinking that Dan Lavercombe will be suspended following his recent red card and do they will have a reserve keeper playing? That said, Bath could have played without a keeper so it sure how much of an advantage it will actually be!
I think all suspensions have ended for this season, and those outstanding will be carried over to next season. Hope I’m wrong!
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Taunton - Torquay 1-2
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

With what's at stake, are we on the eve of the clubs most important game ever???
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

TT 0, TUFC 2

COYY FFS!
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

I give up, I seriously give up.

We are about to play one of, if not THE most important game in the club’s history and yet neither the club, it’s media team, it’s MANAGER or the local media seem to be bothered to figure out the ACTUAL significance of a win tonight!!!

From Richard Hughes @ Devon Live …

“Having had 11 points taken off them by the league, Torquay are now one place above the relegation zone, with 47 points, a place and a point above Taunton, who occupy the final relegation place”

WRONG! We are TWO points above Taunton !!!!

And there’s more ….

“Win at Taunton, who have one game in hand over the Gulls, and Torquay will be watching closely as Taunton take on Weston-super-Mare on Thursday night. If Taunton lose that one, the Gulls will be safe.”

WRONG ! Win at Taunton and we ARE safe! I, for one, won’t be watching!

Even MORE worrying is this “quote” from Downes …

“Interim manager Aaron Downes said about the Taunton game, after the defeat at play-off chasing Bath: “It’s a big game, of course it is. We go into the game, we win the game, and we are virtually safe”

WRONG, we ARE safe!!!

The players should be being told that tonight is a MUST WIN game and if they achieve that it completely takes the pressure off the game on Saturday as no matter what happens in Taunton’s final two games WE cannot be relegated - it will be either Taunton or Hemel, or even Eastbourne that will go down - but NOT US!

Oh, and just to top it all off the article YET AGAIN mistakes a post Bath match photo of Arkell Jude-Boyd as being Dylan Crowe - who left the club MONTHS ago!!!
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

CP Gull wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 07:54 I give up, I seriously give up.

We are about to play one of, if not THE most important game in the club’s history and yet neither the club, it’s media team, it’s MANAGER or the local media seem to be bothered to figure out the ACTUAL significance of a win tonight!!!

Totally agree. But maybe they know there is another point deduction coming? :( Nothing surprises me with our club.

Seriously I can't see us scoring but we have to try to somehow win this. Jarvis you owe the fans a slight risk with your knees. Even if it's only to come on last 20 mins if required.