Point deduction.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 16:01 This is not the first time this has happened to us, I remember before the Johnson area the manager whose name escapes me wanted to bring on a sub and the people on the benech were screaming at him the player was eligible, but he went ahead and played him. How long ago did this incident occur, I believe the national league only meet once a month for decision making issues. The club has said we wil make no further comment at this time, hello, step up and give the facts and tell us who messed up and apologise. Stats man we need some new calculations as to points required.
I have a feeling it was in the Paul Buckle era and possibly involved Jake Robinson. I think Bill Phillips was meant to be involved somehow - perhaps he was the one running up the side of the pitch trying to stop the substitution. As it happened, it didn’t prevent us reaching the play-offs but possibly dropped us down a place.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

hector wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 19:22 I have a feeling it was in the Paul Buckle era and possibly involved Jake Robinson. I think Bill Phillips was meant to be involved somehow - perhaps he was the one running up the side of the pitch trying to stop the substitution. As it happened, it didn’t prevent us reaching the play-offs but possibly dropped us down a place.
Cheers ,the fog lifts.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

hector wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 19:22 I have a feeling it was in the Paul Buckle era and possibly involved Jake Robinson. I think Bill Phillips was meant to be involved somehow - perhaps he was the one running up the side of the pitch trying to stop the substitution. As it happened, it didn’t prevent us reaching the play-offs but possibly dropped us down a place.
When it happened last time the Secretary ( the one responsible) was sacked. I remember it was Anne, who lived in Brixham. Heads should roll again!
simjones1980
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simjones1980 »

I also read that Marshall was fined £250 as part of the incident for being the suspended player. On his day he can be a good defender but let’s be honest the guys been a total calamity! Shocking disciplinary record and stinking attitude toward the fans in pressured situations.

As much as this is the secretary’s and clubs fault I also blame marshall for being totally unaware of his own personal situation and not flagging it up! Utterly useless on and off the pitch…don’t want to see him around the club again!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

simjones1980 wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 21:13 I also read that Marshall was fined £250 as part of the incident for being the suspended player. On his day he can be a good defender but let’s be honest the guys been a total calamity! Shocking disciplinary record and stinking attitude toward the fans in pressured situations.

As much as this is the secretary’s and clubs fault I also blame marshall for being totally unaware of his own personal situation and not flagging it up! Utterly useless on and off the pitch…don’t want to see him around the club again!
Not the players fault at all.
That's one of reasons we have club officials..... :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Not the players fault at all? Come on.

He seriously doesn't know how many bookings/points he's totted up? No one said to him "one more yellow and you'll have a suspension".

They must know when a ban begins and ends, how that side of it works or do they really just turn up and kick a ball around a bit?
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

Taelee73 wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 22:10 Not the players fault at all? Come on.

He seriously doesn't know how many bookings/points he's totted up? No one said to him "one more yellow and you'll have a suspension".

They must know when a ban begins and ends, how that side of it works or do they really just turn up and kick a ball around a bit?
Yes is the answer to your question!! The average footballer can't be trusted to write their own name properly, never mind record their own disciplinary statistics.
Down to the officials at the club this one.
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

simjones1980 wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 21:13 I also read that Marshall was fined £250 as part of the incident for being the suspended player. On his day he can be a good defender but let’s be honest the guys been a total calamity! Shocking disciplinary record and stinking attitude toward the fans in pressured situations.

Totally agree Marshall is a total waste of space and we are well rid of him. Cost us last season for his ill discipline and dodgy eyesite.
But on this latest fiasco it sums up how Mickey Mouse this whole set up is. An absolute shambles and this point could still cost us relegation 🤬
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Marshall needs to go into that committee and nut the lot of them!
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

And the club secretary who should have been aware of this is ……..
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

If Marshall was fined £250 by the league. They must believe some responsibility is his.

We are a shambles of a club. Makes me boiling mad.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

Surely a player relies on the club's management / officials to advise him. If he's picked to play, he'll think it must be ok.
Not that I don't agree about Marshall's awful card collection!
TUST member 200 ;-)
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

The curse of Marshall strikes again!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TommyGunn wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 07:36 If Marshall was fined £250 by the league. They must believe some responsibility is his.

We are a shambles of a club. Makes me boiling mad.
He'd get fined anyway.
The responsibility is with the club not the player.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

torq2u wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 10:55 Surely a player relies on the club's management / officials to advise him. If he's picked to play, he'll think it must be ok.
Not that I don't agree about Marshall's awful card collection!
Correct.

TUST Member 468