Ross Marshall

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It’s frustrating as when I saw Marshall against Weymouth I thought he was starting to show a bit more maturity and responsibility. If only he could channel the grit that underpins whatever leads to his poor disciplinary record then he could be a stronger player. At least compared to others there is some ‘dog’ in the fight, though it’s untenable to have a record like this.

As regards to the GK conversation, Halstead on his day can be the best in the division, and on others can cost us games. I’ve always rated Lovett and would consider giving him a shot in the run in, he seems a little more vocal too which I think is needed right now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its an hysterical reaction to say Marshall will only play 20 minutes if he plays on Monday. Did you see the Booth foul at Yeovil? exceedingly lucky not to get a red himself.

Players get sent off - I'm not defending Marshall at all but hes a way better player at right back than Booth who is an absolute liability and in all honesty has been crap since the day he was signed. Not rated by Downes either and no wonder as he didnt make the squad today.

So its not up for debate Marshall has to play on Monday simple as that.

No way is Halstead the best keeper in this division, hes been poor of late. The first and key goal against Weston went straight under his body and it appears hes made the same error again today. Not good enough and its costing us big time.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

And one reason we should sack the goalkeeper coach, who is just taking a wage for no tangible input.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I don't think you'll rid this characteristic from Marshall's game, we all know it's there, we've seen him do this over the past two seasons,with the age he is you'd think many coaches and managers would've got this discipline issue out of his game, but maybe it isn't possible?.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Add the fact that Booth is currently out injured.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Is Marshall available tomorrow? if not it's Tomlinson at right back DOA won't play on 3G,
Jarvis must be back for Bath Saturday unless he's got a hair appointment.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

He should be available for tomorrow. The suspension first kick in at Bath on Saturday.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Rumour has it that Marshall is leaving at the end of the season. He's been offered a contract on the MMA circuit.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Booth isn't great at right back, but neither is Marshall. His other red card this season was against Maidstone, we played really well that game but still lost 0-1, he lost his man after 30 minutes and fouled him for a last man red card. So he has cost us either 2 points or 4 if we'd won that one.

Yes I was about 20 yards away from the Booth challenge at Yeovil, we thought their player had fouled him tbh. The linesman that day gave nothing our way.

If Booth is injured and I assume the useless Martin is as well, we have no choice as he is still better than the abysmal Tomlinson. There are at least 4 players that need new careers as they aren't footballers.

I hope if he plays, he has a blinder as it'll be his last match for us
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Oh, Marshall would be crap at MMA, I remember him going down the tunnel at full time after the massive captain of a team we played earlier this season, he soon scampered away when the guy came back out looking for him.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If sick note Martin could manage a game , mind you he can't defend either, we could play AJB at right back his proper position
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

desperado wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 10:43 If sick note Martin could manage a game , mind you he can't defend either, we could play AJB at right back his proper position
As much as your suggestion makes perfect sense to the majority of supporters, it will never happen, we acquire players, play them totally out of their tried,tested and learnt from youth team day position because the manager in a minority of one knows best and we slaughter them when they mess up. Its Torquay for goodness sake.