Begbies Traynor Administrators of Torquay United.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Begbies Traynor Administrators of Torquay United.

Post by portugull »

Torquay United have announced today the names of the 3 employees of Begbies Traynor who have been appointed as Joint Administrators of Torquay United AFC Limited.

Begbies Traynor was formed in 1989 and is quoted on AIM on the London Stock Exchange. The Company has over 100 Offices in the UK and of the three men appointed 2 work out of the Bath Office Simon Haskew and Neil Vinnicombe and Scott Kippax out of the Exeter Office.

As you would expect they are all highly experienced with 75 years experience of Insolvency matters between them.

I none the less wonder if any of them have been Administrators of a Full Time Professional Football Club in the past?

I find it interesting but not too surprising that Begbies have asked George Edwards and Mel Hayman to continue working at the Club on a voluntary basis while the Administrators study the Offers made to take over the Club.

In a Financial sense no one knows better the inner workings of the Club as they have both known for years that Mr Osborne has been loosing money at an alarming rate. He may be a millionaire, who knows, but he has allowed a £20,000 a week loss to rumble on for over 5 years. It is commercial madness really because Mr Osborne must have known a long time ago that his plan for a New Stadium was a dead duck.

I notice on the Government Companies House Website that the Accounts of Gaming International are overdue which make me wonder if his other businesses are in trouble.

As Fans, many of us for most or nearly all of our time on the planet, we can only hope and pray that the eventual outcome will be that Torquay United finds new owners who only want one thing and we all know what that is!! Onwards and upwards.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's not commercial madness at all. It was a punt by a very substantial corporation and he was just a figurehead as he has been for them previously.

We need to start seeing things for what they are, not what we're told.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

portugull wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 18:44 I none the less wonder if any of them have been Administrators of a Full Time Professional Football Club in the past?
Begbies Traynor's previous projects include

Huddersfield Town FC
Scarborough FC
Wrexham FC
AFC Bournemouth
Southampton FC
Port Vale FC
Crawley Town FC
Wigan Athletic FC
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Dave I bow to your superior knowledge of Mr. Osborne and his business activities.However I would be surprised if a very substantial Corporation would plough money into a Football Club like Torquay United for 7 /8 years before giving up the ghost. I guess though you know better.

Mr Osborne has currently some 20 active Directorships and has been a Director of 30 or 40 Companies now dissolved in the last 35 years.

In 2005 he was a Director of a Football Club in the Bristol area but only for 6 months. A very experienced man.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

CornishGull yes Begbies Traynor as a Company do have experience of Pro Football Clubs going into Administration but my question was whether the 3 Gentlemen Appointed Joint Administrators of TUFC have any personal experience in the past involving being Administrators of a Professional Football Club.
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

The following is part of the Gaming International accounts page 25 at Companies House which states:

"Property funding partners of the company withdrew financial support in March 2024 and the result of this was that TUAFC appointed an Administrator on 5 April 2024".