Full time V Part Time

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

davethegull2 wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 05:27 Part time football will be the end of Torquay United. Only an accountant would think this is a good idea. And it's accontants that have put us in this position. Years of neglecting the product and customers have jed to this, driven by myopic bean counters.
Yes, but an accountant wouldn't think it a good idea to pay out more than you're getting in.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

How would we afford an artificial pitch? Cost is what, £150k? Plus, they still need maintaining.

On the subject of staff, we certainly need a youth setup to try to find future first team players to be sold for profit, or help us climb the leagues by staying in a settled team long term. I’m not sure what the 70 odd staff do? There was some random guy warming them up on Monday, and by the looks of it two medical staff.

Still wondering why Hall a midfielder was playing in central defence, when we had a central defender Booth available? I can’t imagine any current playing staff being here next season.

Not disputing it may be true, but where’s the evidence Johnson was on 2k a week? And what of his brother, not heard anything about him leaving.

Hopefully there will be news soon, it’s a long time until the next home game and then that’s it.

Part time attendances, if we start well then they’ll hopefully stay around the 2,200 mark. A poor start with poor performances and you’d think the majority would hopefully still come along so 1,800. Same with the prices, I’m going to assume Full or Part time, they’ll stay the same and I’d hope people could accept that.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

TommyGunn wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 13:08
WSM have average attendances of 1200 are part time. Yesterday they had quality former EFL players  Rueben Reid and Robbie Willmott playing.
We get twice their attendance so I see no reason why we couldn't attract the best part time players combined with a number of full time pros.I[/b]
Not only that, but we charge twice their admission fee.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Driving home from Plainmoor on Monday I listened to Dave Thomas on Radio Devon and he was very clear that we must remain Full Time. I respect his opinion.

As a retired Accountant I am always interested in the numbers and I have said for a long time the Club has been living in the past in a financial sense.

Whoever takes over the Club needs to be hugely multi talented because the issues that need addressing are complex and a lot of crucial decisions need to be made in a rather short period of time.

We have to be realistic. Rome was not built in a day and turning things round at Plainmoor is a massive task both on and off the field.

In my opinion whoever becomes the new owner they are going to need at least 10 volunteers who have experience of certain important areas including Financial Control, Marketing, Recruitment

and someone who has had a Management career at a high level to advise on a root and branch review of every aspect of the business.

We are not an Exeter or a Wrexham and our geographical location is a huge issue in attracting players and the right Manager.

Whoever takes over we the fans have to be patient because a return to the promised land is not going to happen quickly unless a Multi Millionaire suddenly pitches up with money no object! Not going to happen.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

portugull wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 19:00 Driving home from Plainmoor on Monday I listened to Dave Thomas on Radio Devon and he was very clear that we must remain Full Time. I respect his opinion.
Started talking up a hybrid model in his Torbay Weekly article yesterday, though.