Yeovil Town v Torquay Utd Friday 29th 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I thought we were pathetic but given that we simply have to manage our players for the remaining games and with new any injuries proving catastrophic, it was probably sensible to play out the second half in the way that we did.

Thats on the proviso that we beat Weston-Super-Mare on Monday. I'm hoping that we have rested Dawson and Marshall for Mondays game because for starters Booth is a liability.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

First time in several seasons going to Yeovil and not got drenched, not a lot to say about the game, we had players that if things were different would not have even been on the bench, Archer was largely a passenger in the game , something we could ill afford, he does not seem to understand that running around aimlessly for 90 minutes does not make you a footballer, booth had a torrid time all afternoon, Stobbs , not sure what was up with him, he was not on it today, he fell over and gave away the ball for there first goal, a rookie mistake in your defensive third from a supposed experienced player.
Great emphasis this week in training must have been on throwing yourself to the ground and trying to claim a foul even if there was no one near you, it was embarassing.
Even with no game in midweek we were knackered by halftime, second half players were just walking around.
Yeovil are a very good side, their subs bench would be starters for us, but I am not down, that was a game we were never going to get anything out of and I hope like others that dawson and lapslie are fit for monday.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Yeovil weren’t that good, we gifted them the goals and the game.

Ball given away to us in our half and we then give it away for them to score, unforgivable really as up until then it was even.

Second half was a non event with Moxey embarrassed for one goal.

Ash, you only had scraps but you have to get half chances at least on target, Stubbs had his worst game for us, couldn’t defend, pass, beat his man or cross. Duane, nothing, unable to even hold the ball up or win anything on the ground or in the air. Hall did what he could, but no point in trying 30 yard passes from defence. Archer ran a lot, in circles. Booth, not a right back on any level. Mcgavin, was he on the pitch?

We have injuries and players playing out of position, but the second half capitulation was very poor.

Yeovil are an average side and beat us comfortably, with our help.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Have we got enough about us to pick up the 6 points required for safety?
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

If we don't win on Monday I honestly don't think we have. Iran we don't need a win on the final game. I just fear this lot do not have it in them.
OceanYellow7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by OceanYellow7 »

Pleased this one is over. Yeovil are not that good but have performed the season with consistency. Unlike our bunch of softies. Stubbs cost us the 1st goal far too weak in the challenge in my opinion. Somebody needs to tell this bunch we are in a relegation battle and they are playing for their future careers in the game.
McGavin slowing the game down at 3-0 down !
Ash I am lost for words !
AJB best player for us has some guts and he is a loanee.
Added pressure now on Monday.
Can we get a result..on this show I doubt it.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I know a few people think McGavin is technically gifted but to me he is everything that’s wrong with this squad. Needs dropping asap
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

The result wasn't a surprise, but at the same time if you're going to turn up and be passive -and lose, why not go up there and have a go?, it might of taken Yeovil by surprise, giving them to much respect and not really putting in a shift, it's almost as if we wanted this one out of the way, and we move on to Monday, but to me it's a wasted chance to get another point or 3 on the board... we'll probably take something from Monday, but if we don't, and Welling (one of leagues form teams) beat us, it'll be squeaky bum time.
Observer
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by Observer »

GULL 67 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 16:05 Sorry but for a pro footballer unable to control a simple pass is unacceptable. Stubbs gave Yeovil that goal. Ash when put straight through tripped over the ball! So many reasons we are where we are.
Unable to control a ball! Did you watch the game last week against Hampton and how he was able to control a ball played from one end of the field to the other. Yesterday was a foul and he was down when that goal went in. Admit it wasn’t Stobbs best performance yesterday but the ball still has to be defended when it goes into the box. He’s not the only player on that field!
OceanYellow7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by OceanYellow7 »

Admiral wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 21:19 I know a few people think McGavin is technically gifted but to me he is everything that’s wrong with this squad. Needs dropping asap
He has been a total waste of space and has been a luxury we cannot afford certainly not in a relegation battle !
Blame the prat that gave him a 3 year contract.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

That's 3 posters who have called Stobbs Stubbs ! Please don't insult the great man's name !
Agree. I didn't think Yeovil were very good and looked short of confidence after 2 home defeats, perfect time to get at them but approach was wrong, and as said we simply gifted them the goals and the game.
I am not all confident of beating Weston , if we don't we'll need to win at least one of the 4 away games and you know how good we are away from home.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Observer wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 06:32 Unable to control a ball! Did you watch the game last week against Hampton and how he was able to control a ball played from one end of the field to the other. Yesterday was a foul and he was down when that goal went in. Admit it wasn’t Stobbs best performance yesterday but the ball still has to be defended when it goes into the box. He’s not the only player on that field!
Didn't see that as a foul - but anyway don't blame him for the first goal. Instead I would blame pathetic defending subsequently, just as I would blame McGavin for the lame attempt at a tackle out wide for the second and Moxey for being turned for the third. With a defence like ours we are always like a car crash waiting to happen.

Monday now looks like a must-win game if we are to avoid relegation.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Cant for the life of me see how anyone can blame Stobbs for the goal.

Their full back has caught him studs up square on the knee. Its such on obvious foul, right in front of the linesman. Mind you the officials also chose to miss the assault by Wannell on Ash early in the game which should have been a red card.

Stobbs was clearly injured by the tackle and was still limping at the end of the game. The resulting goal was a complete fluke as well
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Spot on, Brucie The linesman in question was only interested in awarding throw ins and totally ignored the rough stuff being dished out. He may well have been acting that way on the instructions of the referee.