MOTM - Hampton & Richmond

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

MOTM - Hampton & Richmond

Post by Gulliball »

Up to five players from today please.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Moxey my MoM for clearing off the line TWICE.

Hall, calming influence and a well taken penalty.

Halstead, keeping a rare clean sheet.

This is too difficult as EVERYONE contributed to a fantastic result, well done to the entire squad AND the Yellow Army........even a large contingent from the Plymouth Green Army and a few from Exeter. I even saw fans wearing Brighton and Portsmouth shirts showing their support to us.

Thank you for a great day - the best of the season (so far) and an important three points against a top team.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

One of those days that’ll stay with you for a long time.

Moxey - that goal line clearance was spectacular and so important, it felt like he won everything and popped up everywhere.

Hall - I thought it was a big mistake when I saw he was playing him at the back, but he did a fantastic job and proved how little I know. Like Moxey competed really well, did what was needed and calmed things down. Also, the fact he played the entire match his first game back and of course scored the vital penalty under pressure.

Ash - I’ve been critical of Brad, but thought he did really well in a difficult role. He caused lots of problems even up against their best player, showed some lovely tricks and turns to create space, ran after lost causes all match and of course he won us the penalty.

Stubbs - tricky player, delivered a succession of crosses into the box, a shame we didn’t have Jarvis on the end of them.

Lapslie - tbf or Dawson, win so much, get stuck in.

It’s hard to leave anyone out really, as they all played a part. It’s a shame as it looks like we picked up more injuries.

Special thanks of course to the supporters, felt a little strange at first seeing Plymouth flags and shirts around, but it was a fantastic gesture to make the effort to come support us. Thank you to all from every team that did. We seemed to have formed a bit of a bond with Plymouth, let’s hope it continues.
PainInTheGULLiver85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PainInTheGULLiver85 »

Asa - the centre back we needed all season. Non league Virgil van dijk.

Mox - perfect partner for Asa. Excellent.

Brad Ash - worked incredibly hard and showed moments of skill as a little guy playing lone striker is not easy. Really good performance from the guy

Stobbs - real threat from jack and deserved a goal or assist today for a really good performance.

The rest of the players all put in a great work rate and all deserve credit for playing as a team. Battling performance like this is what fans expect and it was certainly that
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Hall
Moxey
AJB
Stobbes
Halstead
desperado
Top Scorer