Truro v Torquay to be played at Meadow Park, Gloucester

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was convinced an equaliser was coming as I think my 2-1 away win prediction is the first one I've got right all season 🤔
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 21:41 FT 1-2

definition of a must win

stupid at the end really, Collins through on goal and plays a poor pass, Ash then shoots woefully rather than run to the corner
collins had the legs and the pitch to himself steaming towards goal and then for some reason known only to hm decides to pass, early in the season he would probably have buried that.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Well, I take that. The only downside is not keeping a clean sheet but three priceless points.

Archer was given Man of the match by Truro, that sums up their frustration tonight.

Well played lads, a point at Bath would be a bonus but they are going for the playoffs and present a stern test on Saturday.

Attendance tonight was 384....and most of those were wearing Yellow.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Worst game of football I’ve ever seen but who cares! Massive!! Never seen I good game on plastic fantastic
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Collins showed a real lack of confidence there,
thought he would just go on and leather it.
Still overall we played very well and with the sort of spirit and workrate that we should have been showing all season. Two excellent goals,
what a star AJB is . Duke McKenna mark 2.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Must admit I feel a bit ashamed. Went to the car with the boy and then could not face it. The weather the long drive and mostly the fact that, in my heart, I did not believe the players really gave a toss made me go back to the house. My boy bought the game on tv and proved me completely wrong. Tonight they played with heart and as I say felt ashamed at my lack of belief. Even more so because my old man who followed Torquay all his life, like Southampton Gull, always believed. Even my Mrs had a go stating 'I never thought you would not go'. Well done that team tonight and Downsey, a bit of pride restored.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

You haven't seen many of our games this season then !
We played some good passing football at times tonight and hoofed it when we needed to .
Did everything right I thought.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Haven't seen many games this season!!! I've been to every home game except Dartford and every away bar about three. I stanld by what I have see from the opening game away to Dover, that at times it looked like we lacked heart on numerous occasions. I have been watchingTUFC since 1973 and have seen many poor teams but many that had the heart and desire to compete . I feel that this season I have not always seen this. Tonight I did.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Massive 3 points gained tonight.

Loved National League TV (and lense wipe). Great to have no commentary, the audio made me feel like I was on the Pop side - well done Yellow Army.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I am still in shock. I am glad I am proved wrong! This really could be the result that keeps us in the league.
I think 1 more win would see us survive.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

GULL 67 wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 22:07 Must admit I feel a bit ashamed. Went to the car with the boy and then could not face it. The weather the long drive and mostly the fact that, in my heart, I did not believe the players really gave a toss made me go back to the house. My boy bought the game on tv and proved me completely wrong. Tonight they played with heart and as I say felt ashamed at my lack of belief. Even more so because my old man who followed Torquay all his life, like Southampton Gull, always believed. Even my Mrs had a go stating 'I never thought you would not go'. Well done that team tonight and Downsey, a bit of pride restored.
Don't think you can beat yourself up over that considering everything we've had this evening

Onto the next :-D
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

culmstockgull wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 20:20 I am not sure what is worse, the rain on the lens or the camera person using the same cloth he checks his dipstick with, I keep thinking I have got cataracts
:lol: :rofl:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Sorry Gull67 I was referring to RedGulls comment about it being the worst game of football he'd ever seen ! What ?!!
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

GULL 67 wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 22:20 Haven't seen many games this season!!! I've been to every home game except Dartford and every away bar about three. I stanld by what I have see from the opening game away to Dover, that at times it looked like we lacked heart on numerous occasions. I have been watchingTUFC since 1973 and have seen many poor teams but many that had the heart and desire to compete . I feel that this season I have not always seen this. Tonight I did.
Fans like you deserve a medal. :scarf:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Agree