Truro v Torquay to be played at Meadow Park, Gloucester

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 21:34 Archer MoTM

Lots of talk about Jarvis, hes on the bench in a tracksuit this evening
Was he, I missed that. I spoke with most of the planers before the game and he was not with them. Glad he was there.
grubshed12
Trialist
Trialist

Post by grubshed12 »

GULL 67 wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 22:20 Haven't seen many games this season!!! I've been to every home game except Dartford and every away bar about three. I stanld by what I have see from the opening game away to Dover, that at times it looked like we lacked heart on numerous occasions. I have been watchingTUFC since 1973 and have seen many poor teams but many that had the heart and desire to compete . I feel that this season I have not always seen this. Tonight I did.
There should not be a player of the year this year. It would be a total joke award.
They should present the supporters as the winners for being loyal and giving literally everything they have . Loyalty and Money week in week out .
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Thanks but the one who truelly deserves a medal is Paul Bastard. He has been attending all the games for years. When I pointed him out to my boy, at one particularly dreadful game, and explained he had been attending all games for eons, my boy stated " no wonder he's known as poor bastard". In truth this has been one of the few for years that I have been going away so much. More of a bonding time with my boy. We both travel home miserable together!!!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

GULL 67 wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 11:32 We both travel home miserable together!!!
Trust me, you're not the only pair leaving a Torquay game (home or away) in total silence apart from the odd grunt.... it's been happening for years!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Nick Potkins wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 10:25 Was he, I missed that. I spoke with most of the planers before the game and he was not with them. Glad he was there.
I watched the stream and they randomly zoomed in near our bench in the 2nd half and he was there chatting away

On Facebook one poster put up a comment saying he spoke to Jarvis who said he was injured and hopeful to play Saturday, hasn't signed for anyone and is frustrated at the rumours and that the club haven't quashed them
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 11:43 I watched the stream and they randomly zoomed in near our bench in the 2nd half and he was there chatting away

On Facebook one poster put up a comment saying he spoke to Jarvis who said he was injured and hopeful to play Saturday, hasn't signed for anyone and is frustrated at the rumours and that the club haven't quashed them
Thank you for your post. If the club made a comment it would help all round.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 11:43 I watched the stream and they randomly zoomed in near our bench in the 2nd half and he was there chatting away

Nobody cares about Jarvis he spends more time injured on current form and goals scored AJB will overtake him on goals scored by the season end.
Spot the difference one is a full back on loan with passion and the other is a Marquis signing ! 🤔
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

MoxGull2502 wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 15:21 Nobody cares about Jarvis he spends more time injured on current form and goals scored AJB will overtake him on goals scored by the season end.
Spot the difference one is a full back on loan with passion and the other is a Marquis signing ! 🤔
I think you are being a tad hard on Jarvis, the injury he had before christmas could have been a career ender, and he inflamed the same injury a month ago , so I am not surprised for obvious reasons that he is taking it easy, Although I would love him to stay I suspect after the Havant game he will be up the A303 never to be seen again so why jeopardize a decent contract somewhere else for the sake of three games.
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

GULL 67 wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 11:32 Thanks but the one who truelly deserves a medal is Paul Bastard. He has been attending all the games for years. When I pointed him out to my boy, at one particularly dreadful game, and explained he had been attending all games for eons, my boy stated " no wonder he's known as poor bastard". In truth this has been one of the few for years that I have been going away so much. More of a bonding time with my boy. We both travel home miserable together!!!
I got two great pictures of Paul Bastard that captured the desperation and despair and the near misses at the Welling game Saturday. Thought I would share them here. Never thought I would see the day when Torquay (my lower league team) would be in a National League South relegation battle with Welling (second nearest football club to where I live in London). After the Truro game, looks like they will be seeing each other next season again. Hope so anyway. Great to catch up with a few Gulls fans in the local ale house afterwards too.

53. PAUL BASTARD TAKES THE KNEE 2.jpeg
52. PAUL BASTARD TAKES THE KNEE.jpeg
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

As stated in my prediction I went to this game with no confidence that we would get a result and asked for a few players to stand up and perform, well I certainly got the reaction I had hoped for.
All over the team the players got stuck in, perhaps Duane O-A a bit too much, an ankle injury or not it was a good move to take him off after his second foul, Truro were clearly working on getting him sent off and he did look off the pace.
Arkell J-B looked again a class above this league and he will be loaned to a division 2 side next season. Ash put himself about, McGavin played some good balls around in the first half, Archer showed up there is a potential really good player if he could finish but above all, they all battled.
Two excellent goals were the prime difference, although we may have been tested by a better team than Truro, we did enough in a poor game.
Gloucester hosted the game well, even if the announcer did not recognise the players, however why call it as segregated then not bother.
Finally what an odd programme with 8 team line ups, print 1 programme for 7 games being crowded in to two weeks!
BigDave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BigDave »

MoxGull2502 wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 15:21 Nobody cares about Jarvis he spends more time injured on current form and goals scored AJB will overtake him on goals scored by the season end.
I didn't realise that Jarvis was a member of European nobility - perhaps Boules is his forte.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

GULL 67 wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 11:32 Thanks but the one who truelly deserves a medal is Paul Bastard. He has been attending all the games for years. When I pointed him out to my boy, at one particularly dreadful game, and explained he had been attending all games for eons, my boy stated " no wonder he's known as poor bastard". In truth this has been one of the few for years that I have been going away so much. More of a bonding time with my boy. We both travel home miserable together!!!
:rofl:
Absolute Gold. :rofl:
Quote of the season. :bow: :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

de Sade? :rofl:
Only one I know.... :whistle: :oops:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

culmstockgull wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 16:35 I think you are being a tad hard on Jarvis, the injury he had before christmas could have been a career ender, and he inflamed the same injury a month ago , so I am not surprised for obvious reasons that he is taking it easy, Although I would love him to stay I suspect after the Havant game he will be up the A303 never to be seen again so why jeopardize a decent contract somewhere else for the sake of three games.
Respect your view Culmstock I have never rated him that highly. You only have to look at his career goals scored to see he was a risk signing. Relegation with Scunthorpe before he arrived here and then the same fate last season with us.
He has hardly set the world on fire apart from the penalty spot this season again.
Overrated and injured or not has added very little to help our relegation battle. His mindset is elsewhere and has been all season. Be interesting to see what he does with better service though maybe he will be able to stay on his feet !