Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 15:45 James says relax....
:lol:

According to Richard Hughes, 'rumours are BREWING on social media'
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Doesnt he just copy what everyone else says.

Masters is not involved - its someone not connected to the football club.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Admiral wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 17:06 Most likely bollocks, but I’m told one bidder is James Watt, Brewdog. Previously pulled his bid before administration due to an outstanding 500k Covid loan that has now been written off.
The deal will hopefully be done tomorrow. Not just Watt, another (richer) party too.
Dav99
New Signing
New Signing
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dav99 »

Dav99 wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 08:22 Breaking news this morning.
It’s rumoured that Snoop Dog ( real name Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr ) is in talks with unnamed others to take over the club .
Just been on national radio.
Finally a saviour , fingers crossed 🤞
Obviously, I meant to say Brewdog.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Any dog will do for me to see the back of Edwards Hayman GI and all the parasites that go with them.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Admiral wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 23:58 The deal will hopefully be done tomorrow. Not just Watt, another (richer) party too.

Really ? This is Torquay United that sort of thing does not happen to us.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

More likely to get a slumdog millionaire! All those rumours about millionaires are most likely (unfortunately) to be wide of the mark. Expectations should focus upon new owner(s) who wil lay out a sensible plan to take the club forwards (and hopefully eventually upwards). Suspect IF a deal is concluded it will be with a consortium who may be able to offer some financial support but not in the league of massive unlimited financial donors?
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

Admiral wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 23:58 The deal will hopefully be done tomorrow. Not just Watt, another (richer) party too.

Are we to assume that Watt and the richer party will be working together, or are they separate bidders?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Chill wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 11:15 Are we to assume that Watt and the richer party will be working together, or are they separate bidders?
I think we are to assume there are just rumours and people putting forward possibilities in hope rather than expectation.

Whoever, it is, if the first words they utter mention “new stadium” then I’m done.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brucie wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 19:29 Doesnt he just copy what everyone else says.

Masters is not involved - its someone not connected to the football club.
That is excellent news if true. We have had enough with unsuitable owners. We don’t need another one.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Wish they would tell us. All this secrecy makes the Iron Curtain look like a blabbermouth! Gets all our hopes up to possibly find we've ended up with the same mob that got us in this mess.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

hector wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 11:42 I think we are to assume there are just rumours and people putting forward possibilities in hope rather than expectation.

Whoever, it is, if the first words they utter mention “new stadium” then I’m done.
It seems that you're right, though on reflection I don't seem to remember any rumour coming from any of the TUFC sites that actually turned out to be true. I might have missed something though, and of course all rumours help with the straw clutching.

It seems also that there will be no fanfare from the bidders unlike the Wrexham crew. let us hope we are not back to square one and are going to be treated like mushrooms again!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Ok, consider me the preferred bidder for a moment. Now ,I get my accountant and solicitor to go through the accounts and company set up with a very fine tooth comb,considering the previous set uo I would probably pay to have fine combing done twice .That will take a few days. Assuming their are no black holes that havent been disclosed I may consider waiting a week or so to see what league we are in, it will make a huge difference to the overall business plan, staffing etc.
So I am not expecting anything until well into next week or even later.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

culmstockgull wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 13:45 Ok, consider me the preferred bidder for a moment. Now ,I get my accountant and solicitor to go through the accounts and company set up with a very fine tooth comb,considering the previous set uo I would probably pay to have fine combing done twice .That will take a few days. Assuming their are no black holes that havent been disclosed I may consider waiting a week or so to see what league we are in, it will make a huge difference to the overall business plan, staffing etc.
So I am not expecting anything until well into next week or even later.
That is why I alluded to the Wrexham crew. If our bidders were of the same ilk we could expect a meteoric rise in our fortunes, but if they are as you surmise checking where every penny is coming from and going to, our rise (if any) could be rather different!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

And Wrexham owe about £9 million in loans to their owners I believe.