Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Nature hates a vacuum

Sitting quietly and waiting....so hard to do.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

brucie wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 21:49 Exactly. I find the names being banded about hard to believe, but we can dream. The notion that someone wouldnt want a mega rich investor is beyond belief really.
Yep, it’s naive beyond belief! Maybe if it was someone who was a “chancer” who might be able to make a “quick buck” here and there, we should be concerned - but “wake up and smell the coffee” people …. we are literally screwed, we don’t own our own ground, the playing squad is worthless … all we have is a really great fan base and the potential to play at a higher level.

That IS literally ALL we have left - there is no big property deal on the table! We don’t own Plainmoor, there are seemingly no viable options to move elsewhere (but if there are I would personally wholeheartedly support that under the RIGHT ownership) and so we are just clinging to the hope that someone, somewhere, takes pity on us and has a genuine hope to secure a better future for us.

Honestly, if I was a potential investor reading some of the crap on here - I would just pull out. Get real people, at what is the lowest ebb in our history, we cannot choose who we would “prefer” to own our football club …. we just have to hope that there is someone out there, with the means to do it, who feels that we as a football club with a community that has had a hard time over recent times - are worth saving
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

:clap: :goodpost:
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

What’s the odds of the “preferred bidder” pulling out if the worse happens and we get relegated ?

Surely the Administrators would have looked at this scenario when deciding on the preferred bidder as a matter of comfort ?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

CP Gull wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 23:39 …. we just have to hope that there is someone out there, with the means to do it, who feels that we as a football club with a community that has had a hard time over recent times - are worth saving
That would be the TUST consortium bid.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

TUST would be great, but what exactly did they mean when saying they'd need £150k raised from us within a few weeks?

Can they cover this if we don't, as we struggled to get 25k in a month recently.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

Taelee73 wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 11:52 TUST would be great, but what exactly did they mean when saying they'd need £150k raised from us within a few weeks?

Can they cover this if we don't, as we struggled to get 25k in a month recently.

That would be like being told you weren't going to be charged for murder but manslaughter instead, and then finding out you were going to share a cell with Hannibal Lecter!

We know that a million a season is barely enough to keep our heads above water, so how the hell are the trust gonna manage on their ten thousand a year or whatever it is.

We have to start being practical!

Speaking of practical, whoever is top bidder at the moment seems to be checking every nook and cranny at Plainmoor and has rather a tight grip on things, and I would surmise that they will also have a tight grip on their money also.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Taelee73 wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 11:52 TUST would be great, but what exactly did they mean when saying they'd need £150k raised from us within a few weeks?

I suspect that's the buy-in for a place in the consortium. If you have 4 or 5 individuals putting in money, it makes sense to expect the TUST to also pony up the table stakes for a seat on the board. Seems entirely reasonable to me.

The TUST's focus has not been on raising a bunch of money, but if they're to be a part of an ownership group they clearly need to be contributing something on the financial side.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Chill wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 12:36 That would be like being told you weren't going to be charged for murder but manslaughter instead, and then finding out you were going to share a cell with Hannibal Lecter!

We know that a million a season is barely enough to keep our heads above water, so how the hell are the trust gonna manage on their ten thousand a year or whatever it is.

We have to start being practical!

Speaking of practical, whoever is top bidder at the moment seems to be checking every nook and cranny at Plainmoor and has rather a tight grip on things, and I would surmise that they will also have a tight grip on their money also.
TUST is the fans representatives part of a consortium. Most of the money I assume will come from elsewhere but some will be required for place on the board. Other trusts have raised more than this and very quickly.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Well then, survival secured - time for a clear out on and off the pitch and a fresh start
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Surely the prospective owners were waiting to see if we’d stay up first? Be good to get some news…
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Now that our league safety is secured, I'm sure the club would NOW love to tell us who our new owner(s) is/are.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

standupsitdown wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 15:33 TUST is the fans representatives part of a consortium. Most of the money I assume will come from elsewhere but some will be required for place on the board. Other trusts have raised more than this and very quickly.
The trust is indeed the fans representative of a consortium, but that consortiums bid has fallen by the wayside, I'm guessing through a lack of money.

Other trusts have done well, and other teams play in the premiership!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

United62 wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:07 Now that our league safety is secured, I'm sure the club would NOW love to tell us who our new owner(s) is/are.
If only it was that simple, there may be a confidentiality clause between buyer and club until they have done due diligence.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

culmstockgull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:49 If only it was that simple, there may be a confidentiality clause between buyer and club until they have done due diligence.
Oh, I'm sure there is Culmstock... it was more wishful thinking rather than anything else.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''