Torquay United v Aveley F C Saturday 24 Feb KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

My prediction is a 2-1 win for the Gulls roared on by a big crowd of surely 3,000 plus. Hoping 3,500 to 3.750.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

aggrey_25 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 16:22 any idea of rough ticket sales?
Dunno but like a lot of others I reckon quite a few . As we are not actually in administration yet , all the gate is still the property of Uncle Clarke to do what he wants with the cash. But that aside I am going to show my support for the lads and rest of you. How many more games will we get to see after all.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

0-2 loss
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

This is the defining game for Torquay United.
I don’t care if they lose And if they get drilled. Let’s show The players That we appreciate their loyalty, and that this has been an awful time for them and their families.

I think if they lose this Saturday it, especially important that we get behind them now and show them that we are really sincere
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

I spoke to Commercial Manager Sharon Musker this morning. She assured me that every penny generated tomorrow will go towards the day to day running of the club, staff wages etc.

Torquay 2 Aveley 0
Attendance 6,200.........gates locked an hour before kick off.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

I'm not going to predict any result but just want to say let's be patient. The players (and all the non-playing staff) have received a terrible shock this week and their families financial well being will be at the fore front of their minds. It is going to take time for Downes to effect any improvement in the way the team play so for this Saturday let's just show appreciation for everyone connected with the football club (with the exception of George Edwards if he is still around).
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

5000+ in solidarity

3-1 win for the gulls

Time for everyone to stick together - we are in the spotlight
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I’m hoping and half expecting the form book to be ripped up and us to beat Aveley.

Of course, tomorrow is about so much more than the result, but it would be great for what will clearly be a bumper crowd spurring us on, to be rewarded with a hard earned victory.

I’m going for 2-1 with 5,499 on the gate. Stay positive and show the love for those on the pitch whatever the weather. I feel sure we will. :scarf:
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

Gulls 3 Avely1
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Important to back the boys today. Blurred lines with the fan/player relationship due to CO and GJ. Need to make it clear to the lads what they mean to us as a fan base. We really need to scrape a few wins whilst we have the squad together.
The gulls are going up
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think it’s written in the stars that we will win today but it almost doesn’t matter.

Like most people, I sense a big crowd, probably the biggest crowd Aveley will have ever played in front of as there were 2700ish when they played at Yeovil, and there will be more than that at Plainmoor later.
Incredigull
PL Champion 23/24
PL Champion 23/24

Post by Incredigull »

Torquay 3-1 Aveley
Dartmouth
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Dartmouth »

2 Shots fans come in peace, more, that can’t attend have purchased match day tickets on line. We are gutted for you and miss playing you this season.
Good luck for the win today, whatever happens you will be back!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Skillsy, I do like your optimism, however the Away end isn’t open and Aveley haven’t sold many, so 6,200 is an impossibility.

That said, if the sun comes out like it’s meant to, it would be great to get near 4000.

Open the turnstiles to those who decide close to kickoff.

As for the score, impossible to say really, some saying it’s not important, of course it is. To help make certain we can’t go down, if we lose players and for an outside chance of the Playoffs. No idea how different Downs is from Johnson in tactics/formations or how fired up or resigned the players will be, so a 3-3 draw.
OceanYellow7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by OceanYellow7 »

2-2 its going to be a roller coaster ride