How long will Buckle last at Bristol Rovers?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

How long will PB last at the Gas?

10 weeks
2%
20 weeks/Christmas
38%
Two seasons ( A season sorting then a season pushing for promotion)
20%
As long as he lasted at TQY
7%
Not as long as our new manager
33%

Total votes: 45

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Wanted him to do well when he moved on, but after the past two weeks, I hope it fails miserably.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

His stlyle of football will be a struggle on a pitch they have to share with a Rugby team cutting it up every other week.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not so sure it is going to be as easy as you make out. Bristol Rovers are no certainties to walk league 2 at all. In a way he is on a hiding to nothing. Pressure is a funny thing. He can't come out with the "punching above our weight" bollocks every five seconds. Its play offs minimum or he is in deep shit. Needs a good start or he won't be quite so cocksure of himself.
I would like to wish him all the best but I can't - I hope the slimey little rodent falls flat on his arrogant arse.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote:Not so sure it is going to be as easy as you make out. Bristol Rovers are no certainties to walk league 2 at all. In a way he is on a hiding to nothing. Pressure is a funny thing. He can't come out with the "punching above our weight" bollocks every five seconds. Its play offs minimum or he is in deep sh*t. Needs a good start or he won't be quite so cocksure of himself.
I would like to wish him all the best but I can't - I hope the slimey little rodent falls flat on his arrogant arse.

Post of the day for me :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

A bit off the subject here, but did anyone else see he was complaining about the pitch at OT, saying it wasn't wet enough.

That'll be something for the Brizzle fans to enjoy, his love for wet pitches.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

NickGull wrote:A bit off the subject here, but did anyone else see he was complaining about the pitch at OT, saying it wasn't wet enough.

That'll be something for the Brizzle fans to enjoy, his love for wet pAtches.
Edited for factuals........

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

He shouldnt have any problems with our pitch then as when it rains it gets blody wet!! Trouble is then the game gets postponed!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

friendlygas wrote:I think you will find if he establishes the attacking brand of football that you played this season then he will be popular AND will stay until HE decides to leave us for a bigger fish. I can honestly say that our forum today is the most poisitive it has been for years whereas even from day 1 Dave Penney was not looked upon as a good choice.
I think I'd be pretty happy if Dave Penney became our next manager - When Donny won the league in 03/04 (promotion season) they were really good to watch.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Problem with Dave Penney was he had good ideas and saw what was wrong but went the wrong way about it. He brought some very good players to the club but unfortunately pretty well told most of our existing players that they didnt feature in his plans but then due tio injuries and suspensions he had to bring them back and there was a clique of them that wouldnt play for him and were a huge influence over others. Penney was not a popular choice from the outset and it didnt take much for supporters to therefore turn against him.Buckle is the opposite.His appointment is just what the fans wanted and hopefully his brand of football will be enough to keep fans happy.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

friendlygas wrote:Problem with Dave Penney was he had good ideas and saw what was wrong but went the wrong way about it. He brought some very good players to the club but unfortunately pretty well told most of our existing players that they didnt feature in his plans but then due tio injuries and suspensions he had to bring them back and there was a clique of them that wouldnt play for him and were a huge influence over others. Penney was not a popular choice from the outset and it didnt take much for supporters to therefore turn against him.Buckle is the opposite.His appointment is just what the fans wanted and hopefully his brand of football will be enough to keep fans happy.
Please return here 3 months in and state if that is still the case!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Fair point and I hope I can come on here in the comiung season and say that the football is good. We all know however that "Footbal is a funny old game" where NOTHING is certain.
I do honestly hope that both yourselves and us will be fighting it out at the right end of the table!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

friendlygas wrote:Fair point and I hope I can come on here in the comiung season and say that the football is good. We all know however that "Footbal is a funny old game" where NOTHING is certain.
I do honestly hope that both yourselves and us will be fighting it out at the right end of the table!!
I honestly think Buckle will struggle to bring the success that Rovers want. Not really sour grapes, I just think he was given plenty of latitude at Torquay that he just won't get in Bristol.

I'll have 20 of your english pounds that Torquay finish above Rovers in the table next season, please.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

NickGull wrote:A bit off the subject here, but did anyone else see he was complaining about the pitch at OT, saying it wasn't wet enough.

That'll be something for the Brizzle fans to enjoy, his love for wet B itches .

Think you miss-spelt it!
Torquay Till I Die!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

He'll last the season at least. He'll do what he did when he joined us, he'll sign the League Two all-stars, including half of the club captains. Most of them will rot in the reserves and end up out on loan at Taunton or Bath.

If the likes of Michael Brough know any League Two players I imagine he will be advising them to stay well clear.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

couldn't give a shiny sh*te how long he lasts, so long as he doesn't think about returning to our club when he falls square on his arrogant ar$e.
Brady

I Wish I Was There