10 League Games in 39 Days

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

10 League Games in 39 Days

Post by portugull »

Commencing on Saturday 21st October and ending on Tuesday 28th November United have 10 League games in 39 days with 6 games away from home.

Given our small squad this will be exceedingly tough even for a Full Time Team especially if we lose key players to injury or suspension.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Emphasises the urgent need to get some loanees in.The inaction in this respect, to date, is very worrying and mystifying.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

The fact we have 5 loans available and we currently have ZERO at the club is lunacy. We don't have a natural right back, struggling for a fit and athletic left back, struggling for mobility and options in midfield and the wings. 2x natural centre halfs with one suspended. There is a lack of quality competition all over the park.

Even 3 good loans coming in would help us massively. It's really make or break time because if these 10 games go well we'll be in contention but conversely we could easily be in mid-table no mans land. If we get more injuries and suspensions which there is a high chance (or at the very least fatigue and some individual poor performances) then there should be zero excuses if zero action is taken to address it right now.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

what do you expect? it wont happen, it would have happened by now.

its now Thursday, any loan usually gets announced before Johnson's press conference for the game ahead.

fans being let down once again, i find it baffling that part time clubs can get their business done, however we are inept and its sooooooooooo predictable.

or we will see a panic loan of a 17 year old who will never play
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Then again, some loans are only revealed one hour before kick off time.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

With a very congested schedule coming up I would like to hope that Johnson can foresee issues developing but on past form he will only react after an event unfolds , how close are three of out players to a yellow card ban, we have a bench of 4 outfield players , Hall is partially fit, de silva who torbay live state the club informed them was fit but last saturday was wearing a knee brace/support and a first year pro who will not get used unless we are 6 nil in a game.
Can anyone also explain why as a Truro supporter friend tells me Torquay requested bringing the new year fixture forward by two days to the 30th. Has Johnson got another saga break planned over the new year.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

from that press conference he is happy with squad he has... there we have it hahahaha
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Yes I saw that press conference , he may be talking the company line, i.e. I spent the money, there is no more, I cannot believe he actually believes a word of what he says,this group of players is good enough, because we certainly know they are not.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 13:41 Can anyone also explain why as a Truro supporter friend tells me Torquay requested bringing the new year fixture forward by two days to the 30th. Has Johnson got another saga break planned over the new year.
I was under the impression it was brought forward because Argyle are at home to Watford on the new years day.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

aggrey_25 wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 14:47 from that press conference he is happy with squad he has... there we have it hahahaha
I thought Comic Relief was back in March ?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Cheddargull, we could have swapped the games which was a far easier option than bringing the game forward two days, plymouth are away boxing day so no conflict there.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 18:46 Cheddargull, we could have swapped the games which was a far easier option than bringing the game forward two days, plymouth are away boxing day so no conflict there.
Why mess about with two fixtures when you can just do one?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Griff1n wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 13:34 Then again, some loans are only revealed one hour before kick off time.
Hopeful there will be an incoming for Saturday, much needed without doubt. Centre back please.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We wouldn't want to miss out on a home game on Boxing Day, crowd on Saturday 30th would be significantly lower.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

desperado wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 07:42 We wouldn't want to miss out on a home game on Boxing Day, crowd on Saturday 30th would be significantly lower.
It is the NEW YEAR match that was talked about not the Boxing Day fixture. I can not see the League agreeing anyway.