FA cup vs Wimborne

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

I have just spoken to Wimborne who say it will be done via email, which should be sent out around Monday. If that doesn’t arrive, then show your ticket order number on the gate and they will have your details. Standing by for an email.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Yellow6 wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 13:36 I have just spoken to Wimborne who say it will be done via email, which should be sent out around Monday. If that doesn’t arrive, then show your ticket order number on the gate and they will have your details. Standing by for an email.
When I booked mine, there was a tick box asking to 'Create an Account?' .... I didn't tick this as I don't want an account with Wimborne Town FC (why would I!).... so, the question is where do I find this elusive 'ticket order number' if I haven't received any kind of confirmation email?

:@

Hopefully, as you say, they should be 'sent out around Monday'... so fingers crossed they actually do send them.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

I've had the same issue. The boy bought tickets by email but has had no confirmation as to how we get the tickets. I tried phoning this morning but no one answered. Hope it is resolved on Monday. The boy can't concentrate on his school work (although that's not unusual!!!)
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

No email received here either…🤔
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

United62 wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 14:14 When I booked mine, there was a tick box asking to 'Create an Account?' .... I didn't tick this as I don't want an account with Wimborne Town FC (why would I!).... so, the question is where do I find this elusive 'ticket order number' if I haven't received any kind of confirmation email?

:@

Hopefully, as you say, they should be 'sent out around Monday'... so fingers crossed they actually do send them.
It came up in the order summary after the booking was confirmed.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Yellow6 wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 23:21 It came up in the order summary after the booking was confirmed.
Yep, it may well have done. But being the old git that I am, I just assumed (wrongly, it turns out) that all this info would be emailed to me so closed the site down. And without the email confirmation (and tickets) I have no record of the transaction apart from my bank statement which says 'WIMBORNE £20'.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

FA cup ticket emails received. Hopefully you should get them soon. One email per ticket.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Still no sign of the confirmation email 😢
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Received my tickets on Friday (as mentioned both in sep. emails)

Gull67... might be worth checking your 'junk' folder.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

United62 wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 14:22 Received my tickets on Friday (as mentioned both in sep. emails)

Gull67... might be worth checking your 'junk' folder.
The email I received said you could present your order number at the gate (if you have it) and they will verify your ID if you haven't received a ticket.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Thanks Lad's. I'll present the order number as I have not had no confirmation from Wimborne. On the bright side Weston-super-Mare email tickets arrived immediately 😀
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

GULL 67 wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 15:47 Thanks Lad's. I'll present the order number as I have not had no confirmation from Wimborne. On the bright side Weston-super-Mare email tickets arrived immediately 😀
Yes mine too. I know we are full-time with a larger ground, staff, overheads etc to run but happy with the ticket pricing for WImborne and WSM.
For me and my lad (12yrs) - both matches each £14 for both of us and I do appreciate one is Southern League and the other just up from the Southern League. Even advance at home would be £30. Gotta pay GJ's ransom somehow.
Hopefully we get a good travelling army for both.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Off to Wimborne on Saturday with the squad starting to come together. Stick with the team or let the fringe have a go? Hanson, Crowe, Lovett, da silva to start???? Orkeep the league 11 and go all out??
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Yellow6 wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 19:40 Off to Wimborne on Saturday with the squad starting to come together. Stick with the team or let the fringe have a go? Hanson, Crowe, Lovett, da silva to start???? Orkeep the league 11 and go all out??
I think with a whole week's rest before Hemel away, I'd be going with the same 11 and securing the win.

It would be nice in an ideal world to rest some players and give minutes to some fringe players, but it may be that just as we have found form, it will help keep momentum going by sticking with the current 11. Disruption might have the opposite effect when we return to League action.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

we have to keep the run going. 6 wins out 7 is very good, regardless of some of the performances contained therein. Losing to a side from a lower division is never great, so we should put out as strong an XI as feasible. So that means giving those with 'niggles' the day off if possible, but everybody who is fully fit and considered a 'starter'...should start.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.