Season tickets - in or out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Season tickets - in or out?

Post by Yellow6 »

Go on then…. There is lots of talk about buying or not buying season tickets. Let’s have a simple yes or no as to who has bought theirs.
The details of been out for a couple of days now, so people must’ve made a decision one way or another….. or are people waiting to see what signings come in or go out?
This will, of course take into account people who live too far away to get to every home game.
Bought mine. I am in.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Already got mine the day they announced them
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

I had one last year and the previous 4, i had to miss a few year this year due to work so probably loss out slightly not that i mind

i think a couple of decent contract extensions will confirm a renewel for me
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Sorry - I will not buy a season ticket to watch regional football. It was the same last time we were related to the 6th tier - I did not attend at all whilst Gary Owers was in charge but did so once Gary Johnson was appointed. I will wait to see what transpires and decide whether to attend on a match-by-match basis.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

No from me… at this stage. Will see the incomings as they develop. Then make a decision, but 6th tier football does not wet my whistle at this precise moment sadly.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

I have never had a season ticket, but I do attend as often as I can. I will attend as many games as I can next season as well. At the end of the day, I enjoy my football. Yes I could go to Plymouth or Exeter or Buckland or any of a number of clubs, but Torquay is my choice. At the end of the day a few qui either way per game is neither here or there. I'm more concerned with the way beer prices seem to be going through the roof.
Togusa22
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Togusa22 »

Hi guys first time poster here 👍

I'll be getting my first season ticket this season used to go quite regularly back in the Mansell Nico & Branston days but stopped around the time Osbourne arrived. (Not through choice I got a job up north)

I'm back down south now and went to a couple of games towards the back end of this season (Dagenham & Eastleigh) and was immediately swept back into it all - more fool me I guess it was also nice to see a few mates from back in the day too

It is a bit disappointing that the prices haven't come down a bit since the relegation especially as there are clubs in the same league as us that have much cheaper prices but what can you do? I remember going to wolves with a friend a few years backs nd there was a banner up on one of the stands that said "our love knows no division" I always thought that was a good sentiment and if the prices mean we have the budget we need then I guess that's something?

Hope to get to know some of you on here!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I've renewed mine today.
Decided that season ticket sales might influence the amount of money available for players so I renewed early.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

No chance! After 60+ years of supporting TUFC I will not commit any more to this rotten regime from ownership to piss poor management which has taken us back once again to regional football.
Better and more important things to do with my money than to throw it blindly into an organisation that supports abject failure.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

DB57 wrote: 02 May 2023, 23:14 No chance! After 60+ years of supporting TUFC I will not commit any more to this rotten regime from ownership to piss poor management which has taken us back once again to regional football.
Better and more important things to do with my money than to throw it blindly into an organisation that supports abject failure.
We'll expect your support when we start winning again?.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

It’s not about winning. You don’t support Torquay for the winning. Far from it.
It is though, about supporting a club that doesn’t treat its supporters with contempt and does at the very least try to act in a professional manner.
At the moment we have an owner who isn’t interested, a Chief Executive(?) who is arrogant at best, a part time manager who has achieved nothing in his time here and a so called Media Team who are more interested in promoting carvery’s than communicating properly with the fans.
We are now back to regional football and deservedly so and although I don’t like it I can accept that it’s a consequence of an abysmal season
We might walk the league, but I won’t be buying a season ticket until the values of the club take a significant turn for the better
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

DB57 wrote: 03 May 2023, 09:00 It’s not about winning. You don’t support Torquay for the winning. Far from it.
It is though, about supporting a club that doesn’t treat its supporters with contempt and does at the very least try to act in a professional manner.
At the moment we have an owner who isn’t interested, a Chief Executive(?) who is arrogant at best, a part time manager who has achieved nothing in his time here and a so called Media Team who are more interested in promoting carvery’s than communicating properly with the fans.
We are now back to regional football and deservedly so and although I don’t like it I can accept that it’s a consequence of an abysmal season
We might walk the league, but I won’t be buying a season ticket until the values of the club take a significant turn for the better
You nailed it brother !!!!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Colorado wrote: 03 May 2023, 17:15 You nailed it brother !!!!
Absolutely nailed it spot on .
The Truth and many don’t like the Truth spoken
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

DB57 wrote: 03 May 2023, 09:00 It’s not about winning. You don’t support Torquay for the winning. Far from it.
We also have an owner that stopped us going under years ago, when there was no interest in us there was someone to bankroll us.

You may not like the owner and that's fine but don't underestimate what he has done for the club also.

Don't buy a season ticket which is completely fine but don't bother going when things are going well
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Great post, the club and its lack of transparency is alarming, it says it all to me, void of any real rapport with the fans, topped of with GJ dining out on the last 7 games or so, he was always staying on, money for old rope, will we do well next season?, Probably, but if GJ starts giving it the big one after we've beaten Tonbrdge Angels or Aveley FC, I'll go nuclear on this forum, like I said previously, he must have nuts the size of cantaloupes to distance himself from ANY blame, arrogant and deluded...