Goal Music!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Goal Music!

Post by toastkid »

Who agrees with me that music being played when goals are scored is annoying?

It's disrespectful to the fans, almost saying "You don't celebrate enough and so we'll play music instead!"

It should be binned!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Agree.
Scrap it.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

We should have a thread for things that need to change off-field. The interviews are probably the worst for me.

Agree on goal music, it’s cringe.
Finn236
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Ryan Hanson

Post by Finn236 »

another thing that's annoying is the coloured nets. Can't even see when the goals go in half the time
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes it is but if only that is all we had to worry about.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Finn236 wrote: 02 May 2023, 09:32 another thing that's annoying is the coloured nets. Can't even see when the goals go in half the time
Thats because we dont score that often!

The music is pointless although no point moaning on here - needs enough people to tell the club! [email protected]
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Unfortunately, it seems to be becoming more common. Exeter Chiefs have music after each try, but it's much quieter there than in the pop stand. And the music kind of works there. It's that type of event.

For TUFC, I think the natural reaction and fan celebratory chant is more genuine and I prefer it to any musical prompt to celebrate.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Finn236 wrote: 02 May 2023, 09:32 another thing that's annoying is the coloured nets. Can't even see when the goals go in half the time
Can't say I've noticed that tbh. I'll have to have a look next season, when we should be banging them in for fun.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

This is music related, but in and around 1984/1985 am I losing the plot, but didn't Gulls use to run out to Ritchie Valens La Bsmba??, Or did this song just play at every sat home game at around 2.50pm?, Just have a memory of it playing all the time!!, I use to go up with my mate and his Grandad, great times, sadly the football wasn't that good in this era.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree about the nets, when you're towards the other end it looks like there is just posts and crossbar there ! until the players celebrate its difficult to see if it's gone in sometimes and it's not my eyes ! White nets stand out much better and look much more professional and you can see the whole net move when the ball goes in.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Maybe the coloured nets make it easier for those standing behind the goals to see the action?
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Talking about pre match music I seem to recall that United by Judas Priest was used in the 80’s ?

calebhawley
New Signing
New Signing

Post by calebhawley »

Why see the goal yourself if the music will alert you to it? :)