Torquay United v Eastleigh - Good Friday 7th April

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Torquay United v Eastleigh - Good Friday 7th April

Post by Midlandgull »

Can we make it 3 in a row? I'm looking to head down for the game, hoping it will be a bumper crowd with it being Good Friday and some renewed optimism!
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

We'll need as many people there to get behind the boys as every game is now the biggest game of our season
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Agreed!! Our more vocal fans have usually sat slightly to the right in the popside, but last time I was there v Southend they seemed to be down towards the left. I've always thought if they were more central, we would get a better atmosphere because the fans left and right of this area would make some more noise.

Hope the drummer is around too, that always helps! COYY
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Could it be?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Brilliant !
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

One way or the other. It might be the great escape, otherwise he will be on his bike in the summer.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bank holidays are normally a working day for me, thankfully I'm off this week so able to attend. The last two results have been unexpected but fantastic, and given us some of that hope which so often kills.

No matter what we think of the clubs and team management, and my position on that will not change, we need a massive clear out at the end of this season, fresh ideas and a huge change in direction, regardless of what league we're in. We simply have to park those feelings and opinions for the moment, and give are upmost support Friday, no other result but a win will do now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

We owe Eastleigh, let's hope. Remember the home game over Easter last season. There physio took an age to walk onto the pitch and treat their players who went down with head injuries every other minute.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 08:28 Bank holidays are normally a working day for me, thankfully I'm off this week so able to attend. The last two results have been unexpected but fantastic, and given us some of that hope which so often kills.

No matter what we think of the clubs and team management, and my position on that will not change, we need a massive clear out at the end of this season, fresh ideas and a huge change in direction, regardless of what league we're in. We simply have to park those feelings and opinions for the moment, and give are upmost support Friday, no other result but a win will do now.
Bleedin' hell Dave, whats with the name change?
You're not " forever" anymore.... Is it that bad your becoming a greek or a garg??? :rofl:
Only kidding.... :lol:
Anyway, hope Billy's told you you, we are coming down for this one...
See you on Friday. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 09:50 Bleedin' hell Dave, whats with the name change?
You're not " forever" anymore.... Is it that bad your becoming a greek or a garg??? :rofl:
Only kidding.... :lol:
Anyway, hope Billy's told you you, we are coming down for this one...
See you on Friday. :clap:
:lol: Indeed, nah, just been posting around the forums for more years than I can remember, never give up totally on the club, even if we ended as a phoenix, the boy than was , is all grown up now, so time for new username :rofl:

Yes I got the message, any other forum member who drinks in the gulls nest, look out for :scarf: the big Yorkshire man, with the big voice, your welcome to join us.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 10:57 :lol: Indeed, nah, just been posting around the forums for more years than I can remember, never give up totally on the club, even if we ended as a phoenix, the boy than was , is all grown up now, so time for new username :rofl:

Yes I got the message, any other forum member who drinks in the gulls nest, look out for :scarf: the big Yorkshire man, with the big voice, your welcome to join us.
Charming...... :oops: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

UnitedinDevon that is bloody brilliant. Made I chuckle!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dave wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 10:57 :lol: Indeed, nah, just been posting around the forums for more years than I can remember, never give up totally on the club, even if we ended as a phoenix, the boy than was , is all grown up now, so time for new username :rofl:

I was thinking "Who is this imposter" lol. Might see you there if I can get away from work ;)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 18:49 I was thinking "Who is this imposter" lol. Might see you there if I can get away from work ;)
That would be great :-D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 18:49 I was thinking "Who is this imposter" lol. Might see you there if I can get away from work ;)
Be good to see you Dave, its been ages........ :-/ :-D

TUST Member 468