Three Strikers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Stickingitin wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 22:50 Interesting reading...
Notts Co 25 players 5 strikers
Wrexham 35 players 8 strikers
Chesterfield 28 players 5 strikers
Woking 24 Players 6 Strikers
Barnet 25 players 5 Strikers
Southend 30 Players 7 Strikers
Wealdstone 19 players 5 Strikers
Dag & Red 27 Players 5 Strikers
Eastliegh 24 Players 3 Strikers
Bromley 18 Players 5 Strikers
Solihull M 26 Players 6 Strikers
Altrincham 23 Players 5 Strikers
Borham W 23 Players 5 Strikers
York City 28 Players 5 Strikers
FC Halifax 22 Players 9 Strikers
Dorking W 26 Players 5 Strikers
Maidenhead 24 Players 4 Strikers
Yeovil T 16 Players 3 Strikers
Aldershot 23 Players 3 Strikers
Oldham Ath 36 Players 7 Strikers
Gateshead 27 Players 7 Strikers
TUFC 21 Players 3 Strikers
Maidstone 25 Players 6 Strikers
Scunthorpe Utd 26 Players 4 Strikers

My prediction based on these facts are that TUFC, Scunthorpe, Aldershot and Yeovil will go down unless things change at Plainmoor. Time to get the cheque book out Osbourne.
By the amount of players, we are going down. By the amount of strikers we are going down. The odds never lie Mr Osbourne as you know.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Well let’s just promote the under-12s in that case. Utter rubbish. Quality rather than quantity is the focus.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

The thing you forget Stickingtin is you can only play so many strikers, and do not confuse strikers for forwards, some can play up front but have no natural instincts. Yes I would say we are short of a forward, remind me why did we ever sign andrews, but we are also short of a natural right back although Donnerllan does a admiral job and we certainly need a central defender. As johnson said this week its all about moving players on which is actually as difficult as acquiring good players, as for Tony Lee, he has warning bells on his warning bells, he reminds me a little of Mark Loram, bags of talent but just doesnt have the basic knowledge of how to live life as as pro footballer. I met Mark a number of times and his mantra was saturday was for football the rest of the week was for partying.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Goodness gracious. We are now down to 2 FORWARDS and 1 of them hasn't even played yet! What is going on?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I've heard that Andrews is also under police investigation - impersonating a footballer.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

brucie wrote: 11 Jan 2023, 15:13 I've heard that Andrews is also under police investigation - impersonating a footballer.
He failed miserably, is nothing like a footballer.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

culmstockgull wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 09:44 The thing you forget Stickingtin is you can only play so many strikers, and do not confuse strikers for forwards, some can play up front but have no natural instincts. Yes I would say we are short of a forward, remind me why did we ever sign andrews, but we are also short of a natural right back although Donnerllan does a admiral job and we certainly need a central defender. As johnson said this week its all about moving players on which is actually as difficult as acquiring good players, as for Tony Lee, he has warning bells on his warning bells, he reminds me a little of Mark Loram, bags of talent but just doesnt have the basic knowledge of how to live life as as pro footballer. I met Mark a number of times and his mantra was saturday was for football the rest of the week was for partying.
You can only play so many strikers when they are match fit and the reason they are strikers is because they have a PROVEN goalscoring record, be it below or above our station.
That's the natural instinct! It's almost as though they are a different breed imo.
GJ always always always talks about competition for places yet we have one proven FORWARD in Jarvis and one unproven forward/striker in Crole, where's the competion for a natural striker?
As for your defender situation this thread is about three strikers.
Tony Lee is a NATURAL goal scoring STRIKER and there should be no qualms about bringing him into the squad as it may be just what he needs and the squad. Likening him to Mark is a put down on both players because they both have different stories, you should be ashamed of your words.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Aaron Jarvis has scored 14 goals in 93 games in the last 4 years (2019 to 2022 inc)

One goal every 6 or 7 games.

If you take out his hat trick against Aldershot its 1 goal every 8 games.

Last year at Scunthorpe in 32 games he netted 4 goals. 1 every 8 games.

He has ability but why is he not performing. Its goals that win games.

Why is he failing to score? Physically excellent so what is the problem?

Gary should say 20 League games left your target is 12 goals in 20 games. You can do it just be super clinical and concentrate.

What do I know? Only been watching Pro Football for 69 years!!
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

Stickingitin wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 17:49 You can only play so many strikers when they are match fit and the reason they are strikers is because they have a PROVEN goalscoring record, be it below or above our station.
That's the natural instinct! It's almost as though they are a different breed imo.
GJ always always always talks about competition for places yet we have one proven FORWARD in Jarvis and one unproven forward/striker in Crole, where's the competion for a natural striker?
As for your defender situation this thread is about three strikers.
Tony Lee is a NATURAL goal scoring STRIKER and there should be no qualms about bringing him into the squad as it may be just what he needs and the squad. Likening him to Mark is a put down on both players because they both have different stories, you should be ashamed of your words.
I don't know if you are Tony, his brother/mother/lover or some weird stalker but please give it a rest
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

tuafc wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 18:59 I don't know if you are Tony, his brother/mother/lover or some weird stalker but please give it a rest
Facts don't rest and using innuendo's in derogatory terms does one no good.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

portugull wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 18:29 Aaron Jarvis has scored 14 goals in 93 games in the last 4 years (2019 to 2022 inc)

Gary should say 20 League games left your target is 12 goals in 20 games. You can do it just be super clinical and concentrate.

A target man, not a goalscorer as his stats prove and I have said before many times
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

portugull wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 18:29 Aaron Jarvis has scored 14 goals in 93 games in the last 4 years (2019 to 2022 inc)

Because he is a forward, a hold up player for others to score goals from with the occasional goal for himself. imo.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

The question is, who is Jarvis holding the ball up for to score. The midfielders?
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Stickingitin wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 21:01 The question is, who is Jarvis holding the ball up for to score. The midfielders?
I think Jarvis suits the 433 formation when he has 2 close wingers and an attacking midfielder to recover the ball, playing him in a 442 doesn't help him because the only support he has is the other striker.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

All this "Tony Lee" nonsense.
Maybe he doesn't want to sign.
Maybe he won't fit in.
Maybe he wants too much money.
Maybe his club want too much money.
Maybe one day people will stop rattling on and on, and just enjoy their footy a bit more.