FACR1 Replay - Derby County Torquay Utd Mon 14/11/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
york_gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by york_gull »

Showed a lot of promise at times during that first half, could have grabbed at least one, but we're so wide open at the back its unreal.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We dont have a midfield at all, wearne hasnt broke sweat and someone must have told Jarvis he is a goalscorer , on tonights showing he is not. we are very poor. Something I noticed before the game when johnson was being interviewed his hands cannot stop shaking, and when they showed him on the touchline just before the start same again, he was trying to hide it by pulling down his jacket sleeve.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Dublin and Murray being kind to us. Derby a different quality with pass and move. Making the spaces, and using it to their advantage.
We have kept trying to play and have had chances as has been said. Damage limitation now, hope Johnson rests some legs as Saturday game now far more important.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

We gave it our all......found out against a quality Derby 50 odd places above us. Maybe some funds to strengthen, but questionable if Gj is the man to be trusted should the funds be available. Get a midfielder who can hold it, put his foot on the ball and read the game. Greatest respect Hall is
not up to it. He has been caught wanting in far too many games. GJ loyalty to him must not cost us our NL status.....

Special mention to the Yellow Army who made the noise, a credit to OUR club as always.....wish u all a safe trip home.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Derby were a cut above in every area, which was expected, however once again we’ve suffered an embarrassing scoreline.

To make matters worse we’ve just gone in national television and demonstrated to the entire division and beyond just how easy it is to walk through our team.

As other commentators have posted, we did have promising spells but we won’t get anywhere until we can learn to defend across the entirety of the pitch.

If we each had a tenner for every time similar comments were made we’d be counting the notes towards a small fortune!! 😫
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I wasn’t unhappy with the performance. We have it a real go. Could have sat back and kept the score down but Derby were very fast on the break and we committed men forward. A shame we didn’t score though.
Superb support which they players showed full appreciation for after the match.

Fair play to Derby fans too. Poor number but those that came dang throughout. As of course did we.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

I also liked the way we gave it a good go, the hearty round of applause at the end showed most at the game saw and appreciated the endeavour. But for their keeper we'd have had at least one goal.

Real worry were the injuries to Goodwin and Silva, 2 key players.

Special mention for Ness and Donnelan who I thought were excellent.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I thought Donnelan was superb. Our best player tonight.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, Donellan was good - my TU MOTM. We were put in our place, as were the players, by a very good Derby side. The same weaknesses we saw tonight were evident last Saturday - and indeed most matches this season.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Didn't announce away support numbers, I wonder why?

Poor travelling numbers and home crowd from Derby

Back to moving up the league
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

DevonBee wrote: 15 Nov 2022, 22:10 We gave it our all......found out against a quality Derby 50 odd places above us. Maybe some funds to strengthen, but questionable if Gj is the man to be trusted should the funds be available. Get a midfielder who can hold it, put his foot on the ball and read the game. Greatest respect Hall is
not up to it. He has been caught wanting in far too many games. GJ loyalty to him must not cost us our NL status.....

Special mention to the Yellow Army who made the noise, a credit to OUR club as always.....wish u all a safe trip home.
We don’t have to play teams 50 places above us to get the Lund out - it happens almost every week.
Even if funds are provided to strengthen who is going to want to join this shambles.
Agree about Hall and although Lapslie covers every blade of grass there is very little end product.
Can’t deny the effort but there is no quality whatsoever apart from the Yellow Army who were superb yet again.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Goodwin had a quiet game. I’d be tempted to go 433 on Saturday, bring Smith into the midfield.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Admiral wrote: 16 Nov 2022, 09:56 Goodwin had a quiet game. I’d be tempted to go 433 on Saturday, bring Smith into the midfield.

Smith for Hall is a no brainer.
Just need to rest one of the other loanees to allow him in.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

:Can't see Smith staying now Evans is fit
Looking forward to seeing him continue the improvement he was showing.
Hopefully Moxey returns at left back though not ideal position for him now but would keep Ellis and Ness together.
I thought it was a decent effort last night considering the gulf and we played some decent stuff. Derby just edged the shots 16-14 ,. 7 each on target and we forced 10 corners to their 6. Obviously their finishing is going to be a different level to ours.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Smith? is he even at the club? he hasn't been on the bench assume he's gone back?