Torquay United v Stockport County Sat 11th Dec KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

The last two wins are significant because it’s the first time we’ve both played well and won all season.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

That was a valuable three points against a very good team, yet again we failed to heed the golden rule that you are at your most vulnerable immediately after you have scored, In fairness, Stockport could have had five if it had not been for the woodwork and Mcdonald being switched on.
Lolos has certainly improved but is still learning, if he does track back than he has to stay with the player he has decided to mark, at least twice in the first half he switched off from that duty and the opposition player had clean shots on goal. In reply to Freds comment, he notes we have a fair sized squad, in the purely numerical sense I would agree, what we do not have is strength or quality in depth, those that went on loan in the early part of the season went for a reason , they were not up to this level, yet, out of the mass hollywood style signing day only three have actually proved to be anything like reasonable. When Andrews signed for Havant I had a look at their squad, not only is it bigger than ours by a considerable margin but I recognised 95 per cent of the names as having played at a higher level to ours. and yes Andrews did score on saturday and played 90 minutes something Johnson didnt consider him capable of.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 11:20 That was a valuable three points against a very good team, yet again we failed to heed the golden rule that you are at your most vulnerable immediately after you have scored, In fairness, Stockport could have had five if it had not been for the woodwork and Mcdonald being switched on.
Lolos has certainly improved but is still learning, if he does track back than he has to stay with the player he has decided to mark, at least twice in the first half he switched off from that duty and the opposition player had clean shots on goal. In reply to Freds comment, he notes we have a fair sized squad, in the purely numerical sense I would agree, what we do not have is strength or quality in depth, those that went on loan in the early part of the season went for a reason , they were not up to this level, yet, out of the mass hollywood style signing day only three have actually proved to be anything like reasonable. When Andrews signed for Havant I had a look at their squad, not only is it bigger than ours by a considerable margin but I recognised 95 per cent of the names as having played at a higher level to ours. and yes Andrews did score on saturday and played 90 minutes something Johnson didnt consider him capable of.
No offence, but I'd trust GJ's judgement over yours.
NLS is played a lower fitness level than NL for a start.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468