Torquay V Kings Lynn - 23/10/21 - 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Torquay V Kings Lynn - 23/10/21 - 3pm

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Well theres no time to dwell on FA Cup disappointment as its straight back to the league,

Genuinely interested in peoples views in how we should line up, go back to a 4-4-2 or stick with the 3-5-2?

Taking into account who has been in the squad its slim pickings

GK
McDonald / Halstead / Brzozowski

DEF
Wynter / Lewis / Perrit / Moxey

MID
O'Connell / Little / Andrews / LHE / Johnson / Rogers

FWD
Lolos / Holman / Armstrong

Injured / suspended / On loan
Wright / Addai / Omar / Hall / Lapslie / Martin / Koszela / Slough / Moyse / Piper
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

i think we will be forced to a 4-4-2 tomorrow. Perrit and Armstrong will obviously start. Andrews, Little, Connor and Johnson.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hope Hall and/or Lapslie are fit because I don't fancy a centre mid without them. Kings Lynn will think it's Christmas. Littles probably got the ability to play two leagues higher but doesn't seem to want it.
Hope Armstrong starts but Gary rarely throws newbys straight in though surely Perritt must start. Funny side KL - won at Maidenhead and Yeovil and drawn at Eastleigh but taken 1 point out of 18 at home including losing to Southend and Wealdstone.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Both sides concede goals 18 each in the League so I think we will see goals tomorrow.

I really hope both the new Loan players start and I go 3-2 to the Gulls.

Lets hope Armstrong scores on his debut because he looks like he is built like a brick s---house which is just what we need.

Frighten them Sinclair put yourself about and you will score in this League. Shedloads would be good. If you played Pro Football at 15 you must be a bit special so just go out tomorrow and enjoy yourself.We need goals, take your chances, and you will be a hero. Good luck fella.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

I see that the referee tomorrow is Brett Huxtable from Torrington. A Football League referee, so has he been demoted? Or is he coming back from injury and given a easy ride.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

North Curry House wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 21:26 I see that the referee tomorrow is Brett Huxtable from Torrington. A Football League referee, so has he been demoted? Or is he coming back from injury and given a easy ride.
As if things couldnt get any worse

The fact him, Maher and Alison have become football league refs is a joke
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 23:51 As if things couldnt get any worse

The fact him, Maher and Alison have become football league refs is a joke
FFS.
We could put out Liverpool's first XI and that idiot would contrive for us to get beat.
Agree with that re the three of them. Although in my opinion Allison is the worse by far.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

North Curry House wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 21:26 I see that the referee tomorrow is Brett Huxtable from Torrington. A Football League referee, so has he been demoted? Or is he coming back from injury and given a easy ride.
To be fair, the last couple of times we've had Huxtable, he's been absolutely fine. I think he's calmed down a bit since he used to ref our matches a few years back.
TUST member 203
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Little could play two leagues higher? - are you insane?

Huxtable will jump at the chance of refereeing us - means he can get off playing to the gallery as all his gang of cronies from Bideford and Barnstaple will rock up to wattch him ref. Quite sad really I mean who would drive 2 hours to watch someone ref a game?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

No I'm not insane, quality player , Gary Johnson will tell you that . But lacks the drive and mentality
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Very quiet on here this afternoon!

We won 2-0 by the way

Hopefully everyone was there in person (like i was)
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Yes I was there. Not a convincing performance against a poor side. Our loanee from QPR looked strong and was willing to compete. He fully deserved his MoM award, lovely to see total effort and a willingness to do well. He never hid once, not like more senior players this season.

I look forward to see him again, when he can continue his excellent start. :clap:
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I was there as well and yes we won the game but so we should against a team who could only put 2 players on the bench! I personally thought the balance of the starting team was all wrong, 3 strikers meant we were lacking in midfield and against a better side that would have shown. I don’t know why Jake Andrews didn’t play today? At the end when we were 2 goals up we started to play a more pressing game. On a plus I liked the look of Sinclair Armstrong and I thought him and Lolas could well strike a good partnership going forward. Don’t want to sound negative after winning a game so will take the positives of a win against a pretty ordinary side 😏
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Considering the hype on this forum I thought the ref had a reasonable game today and certainly not the worst I have seen at plainmoor this season, armstrong has some ability but very raw which you would expect for his age,a nice goal to start his loan. certainly added somethong different upfront, Perritt did all right and I noticed he had lots of chat from Moxey. On balance we deserved the win, Kings Lynn offered exactly nothing as a threat, against a top six team we would still be easily beaten, certainly without hall and lapslie we lack the midfielders who are willing to do the hard stopping work, today our midfielders did not mind getting forward but spent a lot of time deciding it wasnt their responsibilty to run back and defend. If the figures are correct by my reckonng we only had 1480 regular supporters today if you take away the away supporters and the 1000 freebies.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Delighted to finally keep a clean sheet and 3 points.
I also thought that our midfield set wasn't great. CLE playing on the left of 3 doesn't work for me.
2nd half the formation was changed with Holman being replaced by O'Connell who slotted in on the left and CLE moving more centrally. I thought Kings Lynn actually started the half better however we started to improve and became far more dominant. We had quite a few chances and probably should have done better.
A big thumbs up for Armstrong, strong , direct and quick. He certainly gives us that edge up top that we have been lacking. I thought he combined well with Lolas and based on that performance an exciting young striker in the making. Perritt did ok and seemed to grow into the game more. Lets hope he can stay injury free and there will be some bigger challenges ahead.
Kings Lynn didnt offer a great deal so it really was a game we needed to win.
Well done to all attending i thought the support was good and especially on the popside, great to see the drummer and his crew vocal.