Maidenhead V Torquay United 16 March 2021 KO 19.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I am as frustrated as anyone on our recent performance, but some of the comments (even for a harsh critic like me) are over the top. On Johnson "I still believe his management style belongs n the last century" - really! in the regional league two seasons ago and now third in the National League - I'll take old school every day of the week for that kind of return rather than the modern day techniques of Alan Knill or Gary Owers. The issue to our poor display is injuries and that is where my gripe lays.

injuries occur every season for every club so that should have been factored in at the beginning of the season. But plan B seems to be failing dismally . Playing players out of position to the magnitude we have been doing is a recipe for disaster - we were being ripped apart by Maidenhead. If you bring in a left back you play him from the outset (be if for better or for worse) not our midfielders. And don't get me going on the Koszela debacle of trying to protect his development and then bring in and play a Palace teenager, for what it was worth. Even if you agree with the development theory what does throwing Koszela into a game where the team are 4-0 down do to the lad's development and confidence. If we are going to go down to defeat then let's do it with our own from the outset, if they fail then at least they have had the opportunity to prove themselves at this level.

We are going through a bad spell but so is every team to be honest - Notts, Stockport, all have their critics for their poor season. Sutton are the only team to be praised currently but I still think their hiccup is to come. So the league has opened up for a number of teams to take the title - it will be down to who wants it the most - and some of our youngsters will be up for the fight - if given the chance.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Koszela will be 19 in a week or so. He hasn't looked out of place or out of his depth in his sub appearances this season , far from it. Janneh was 18 when he came to us and had only played 12 games for Clevedon and he took his chance.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero