National League - King's Lynn Town v Torquay United - Sat 12 Dec 2020 - 3.00pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

National League - King's Lynn Town v Torquay United - Sat 12 Dec 2020 - 3.00pm KO

Post by Trojan 67 »

King's Lynn Town official site including streaming link https://www.kltown.co.uk/
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Not only are they charging £22/£25 to get in (with no concessions whatsoever), they're also ripping everyone off with an extortionate £12 streaming fee. Does anyone else in NL charge more than this bunch of ^^&*'s?
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If anyone from Kings Lynn reads this it is meant in a constructive way.

By charging more than anyone else at this level you are shooting yourself in the foot.Most Clubs charge £9.99.

At £12 with 250 sales you take £3,000. At £9.99 with 500 sales you take £4,995.

Fans do not like being charged over the odds and it does not make sense. A poor business decision in my opinion.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

portugull wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 18:04 If anyone from Kings Lynn reads this it is meant in a constructive way.

By charging more than anyone else at this level you are shooting yourself in the foot.Most Clubs charge £9.99.

At £12 with 250 sales you take £3,000. At £9.99 with 500 sales you take £4,995.

Fans do not like being charged over the odds and it does not make sense. A poor business decision in my opinion.
Totally agree. I've streamed most games and was planning to do the same tomorrow but won't pay £12 out of principle as despite it being only £2, it clearly is above the normal rate for this league. Will listen on radio and await the highlights!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

More than happy to pay £12 to sit and watch it in comfort.
Dave

markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

fred wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 19:15 Totally agree. I've streamed most games and was planning to do the same tomorrow but won't pay £12 out of principle as despite it being only £2, it clearly is above the normal rate for this league. Will listen on radio and await the highlights!!
agree - was going to stream but not paying £12 out of principle. radio will do fine.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The Linnet fans on their forum don't seem to be enthused about the match day pricing either:

"Well I am sorry....but you wouldnt expect your local pub to charge £10.00 a pint when they re-open just because they have been shut because of lockdown"

"Expecting a family of 4 to pay £100 to sit and watch the game is going to do far more harm than good...At this rate it will be cheaper to go to Chelsea!"

"the ticket price has put me off this close to Christmas as need the money for other things."

"Given that they’re still trying to drum up sales today, one might presume they’re not flying off the shelves"

All Clubs are in financial need but it appears the Chairman of Kings Lynn cannot take a leaf from the other 22 national league clubs who understand that £10 is a fair price that fans will support for live streaming. Think the operative word here is 'greed'.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

I see Stockport v Sutton is off as well as the games involving Eastleigh and Notts C.

Some of these sides (esp. Stockport) are falling so far behind it is hard to sport the dark horses lurking down the table with very few dropped points.

Hoping we can do out bit to keep the pressure on those teams needing to catch up.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

With Stockport v Sutton off we could go 8 points clear with a win today.

Our first ever match against Kings Lynn.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I was interested to learn that Cardiff City Home to Swansea today in the Championship charge £10 for Streaming while Kings Lynn charge £12.

What will be really interesting is how much Kings Lynn charge on Boxing Day when home to Notts County.

Will they reduce charge if Streaming Sales today are disappointing?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

The state of the pitch...
TUST member 203
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We need to wake up
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bit harsh that is.

Playing on a farmers field and our third game in seven days - they have played a game less.

Still in the game and every chance of winning it.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think that is the poorest first half from us this season, I agree the pitch would be better suited to Sunday league football but that is not really an excuse, we will encounter a lot more of these pitches as the season progresses, poor sherring is being done inside and outside by their winger.