Streaming

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Streaming

Post by arcadia »

I would like to mention that anyone thinking of watching online the quality of filming was excellent and the commentary was good as well. The club has done a good job for the supporters. :keepie: :clap:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, quite agree. Would like to see some more content at HT - even highlights from previous matches perhaps?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

HT content - 8 min pre-recorded interviews with some ex-gulls players would be good.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I tried to watch but every time I entered the code I'd been sent as a season ticket holder it told me it was incorrect.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Couldn't get it to work on smart t v
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Bert wrote: 04 Oct 2020, 19:09 Couldn't get it to work on smart t v
Neither could I. In the end I mirrored my computer screen to the TV using a low-cost product from Airbeam TV. It worked a treat with only a slight delay in the action and an excellent picture.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

I steamed it directly to my TV, the picture wasn’t great and was blurry when moving action, after speaking to INPLAYER customer service “The quality of the stream is actually fine, however, it is not yet supported for certain TV models.
The content is best enjoyed via phone, PC or plugging a cable directly from your PC to the TV.”
Hope this helps anyone.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I streamed it and had a perfect picture, thought the coverage was excellent even allowing for the pessimism of Dave Thomas.

Could definitely do with some half time content even if it's just the cameras watching the subs warming up on the pitch while someone updates with scores etc, that would still allow the two commentating to have a break.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Have to agree with Southampton Gull. Overall excellent with no technical issues but could do with anything at half time and when waiting for the post match interview. In general though.. well done to the club.

If there is any sort of positive thing in these times it is that I will be able to see most of the away games. There was no way I could have got to Eastleigh by 7.30 and it will be interesting to see what their service is like. Might see if I can listen to a Torquay commentary though if of course it is in sync.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Said as much on the match thread, but yeah, it was an excellent experience. I likely won't be watching every game (time difference makes it hard to get away with watching a game at 2.45pm on a tuesday!) but I expect I'll tune it for the majority of the saturday games.

Wanted to give the club a "well done" since sometimes I bitch about stuff (e.g. VAT on the shirts! not cool, Pro Direct)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

pnutgull wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 10:55 Have to agree with Southampton Gull. Overall excellent with no technical issues but could do with anything at half time and when waiting for the post match interview. In general though.. well done to the club.

If there is any sort of positive thing in these times it is that I will be able to see most of the away games. There was no way I could have got to Eastleigh by 7.30 and it will be interesting to see what their service is like. Might see if I can listen to a Torquay commentary though if of course it is in sync.
Ordered the game this morning, I'm guessing it's going to be very similar in terms of coverage to ours as they use the same platform. I would imagine it'll be home commentary only?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Was thinking about listening to TUFC radio whilst watching the stream. However, quite often the stream can be quite a few seconds behind actual proceedings and if that is the case wouldn't want to hear it before it happens.
Cockney Cockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Cockney Cockers »

This was the second match I have streamed and as mentioned above it's great under the current circumstances. Would love to stream some of the away matches also but would be driven mad by the fully justified home bias. I imagine their were a few hatters fans being driven up the wall by Ray and Dave.
So surely if you could be plugged in to the home clubs telly coverage and get your home commentators either up there on the coach with the club, or just doing the commentary from the telly the revenue stream would be greatly increased. You would subscribe through your own clubs website to smoothe the red tape and also the monies paid go to your own club. This would obviously be reciprocal.
Good plan eh?
Cockney Cockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Cockney Cockers »

Talking to myself here. But I see you can get the Eastleigh game on their website then sign up to radio TQ.
I would rather go my own club's site where I am already registered and pay my nine quid, job done, and my own club get the money.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Whydoibother »

I was unable to watch the Stockport game however I did see the pre season match against Chippenham and was very impressed with the way it was done. With commentary too was ideal. Certainly be watching again.