Keating has Left

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Keating has Left

Post by lucy6lucy »

It would appear he’s gone Gateshead. All the best for the future.
Lucy
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Is this a loan to get more games or permanent?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Saw some mention of a permanent move to be near family but nothing concrete.

Good club servant and I wish him well.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

This move was mentioned a few weeks ago so i think its been on the cards for a while. I also wish him all the very best, i meet him a few weeks ago and had a chat. Nobody can question his commitment and attitude. He didnt quite get the opportunity that i think he deserved.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

If true, I feel that Ruairi was never given a Fair chance under Gary Johnson. He's the type of player who perhaps wasn't quite good enough to be a regular starter with a fully fit squad, but was a valuable member of the squad who always gave 100%. I can only think that what Southampton Gull said previously is that the manager has to let a player go before bringing in a new signing.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Good luck to the lad, I have always thought that given a regular run in a side there was a player in there that would mature.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 11:46 If true, I feel that Ruairi was never given a Fair chance under Gary Johnson. He's the type of player who perhaps wasn't quite good enough to be a regular starter with a fully fit squad, but was a valuable member of the squad who always gave 100%. I can only think that what Southampton Gull said previously is that the manager has to let a player go before bringing in a new signing.
He had plenty of chances to shine and for the most part he did but through effort rather than skill. Great servant to the club with a never say die attitude but probably lacking the quality needed for a club wishing to gain promotion. Not sure how he can be used as yet another stick to beat the manager with.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I echo the thanks to Ruairi, always committed and part of some key moments at the of last season. As others have said, if the squad is to improve in quality Keating was always going to be one of the first under scrutiny
TUST number 080
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull. My post was not a criticism in any way, shape or form against the manager. I agree 100% with your last post.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

If this story if accurate then I am sorry to see him leave, has he had a fair run or chance to prove himself at this level, I do not believe he has. if his skill set was below what was expected then perhaps Johnson should have invested more time with him as he seems to have done with the likes of Cameron, Niate, Buse ,Mcdonald, all players that will always struggle at this level no matter how much time you spend on coaching them, or in the case of the goalkeepers no coaching at all, but miraculously seem to be ever present in his team regardless of their indifferent and sometimes woeful performances, I had a conversation with Ruari before Christmas when I first posted I felt he would be off soon, he genuinely felt his face did not fit and indicted that Johnson does not like being talked back too. If Ruari is being allowed to leave then Johnson one would hope, have a replacement in mind because we are sadly lacking a forward with muscle and who doesn't get dizzy if his feet leave the ground.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Quite obviously its Johnsons fault for letting a quality player go. As usual the manager cannot do a thing right with some people, but hey would we expect anything else.

100% player and good luck to him, but he probably lacks some quality and resorting to social media to make comments about not playing was hardly likely to endear him to the manager.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

culmstockgull wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 15:19 If this story if accurate then I am sorry to see him leave, has he had a fair run or chance to prove himself at this level, I do not believe he has. if his skill set was below what was expected then perhaps Johnson should have invested more time with him as he seems to have done with the likes of Cameron, Niate, Buse ,Mcdonald, all players that will always struggle at this level no matter how much time you spend on coaching them, or in the case of the goalkeepers no coaching at all, but miraculously seem to be ever present in his team regardless of their indifferent and sometimes woeful performances, I had a conversation with Ruari before Christmas when I first posted I felt he would be off soon, he genuinely felt his face did not fit and indicted that Johnson does not like being talked back too. If Ruari is being allowed to leave then Johnson one would hope, have a replacement in mind because we are sadly lacking a forward with muscle and who doesn't get dizzy if his feet leave the ground.
Hopefully Jared Lewington will be that man.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Good luck Ruairi I suspect you will look back on your time at Plainmoor with some affection because I do think you learnt a lot in you time here.
Football is a very tough sport at Pro level but I think I can say without fear of contradiction you always gave of your best.
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

Good luck Ruairi, I am sure you will do well.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Good player with a great attitude, good luck at Gateshead.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: