Clarke Osborne

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I think you are underestimating Reid's ability and potential. If you asked Gary Johnson if he thinks Reid would struggle in League 2 - I think you would find the answer would be no. Playing with better players better standard of football and with more time on the ball I think he will only get better. Luton obviously think he could do a job in the Championship or they wouldn't be interested.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I do agree with Southampton gull. The transition from our league to championship would be an enormous step that few make successfully , I am not saying he could not eventually reach the required standard but clubs in that league would expect a ready to go all round striker, especially if you are Luton who cannot buy a goal at the minute. Lets see who if anyone comes calling at Christmas and at what price.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

desperado wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 10:01 I think you are underestimating Reid's ability and potential. If you asked Gary Johnson if he thinks Reid would struggle in League 2 - I think you would find the answer would be no. Playing with better players better standard of football and with more time on the ball I think he will only get better. Luton obviously think he could do a job in the Championship or they wouldn't be interested.
I'm one of the few who have never underestimated him.It's one thing to score goals in the National League South, it's another to score regularly in the National League but that's still a world away from success in League Two. I'm also not saying in time he won't make the grade but some people are making out he's ready to cut it 3 levels higher. Err no!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Surely only Father Christmas comes " calling at Christmas"? :-/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Latest Jamie Reid speculation: Huddersfield Town chasing him.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickbrod wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 20:07 Latest Jamie Reid speculation: Huddersfield Town chasing him.
Where to?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468