FC Halifax V Torquay United 2/11/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

FC Halifax V Torquay United 2/11/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

Big 6 pointer this one. Win we could be 2 points from 1st place, lose it could be 8. Nice to see we won against Wrexham without playing that well, that’s what wins you championships. Nothing to fear on Saturday we just have to play our game plan. Will be nice to catch up with the Yorkshire contingency again. 2-1 Torquay
Lucy
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Unfortunately I cannot make this now, shame as haven't been there for a few years. Hopefully the weather wont ruin the game. We seem to score plenty but concede a few too. Never going to be a 0-0. With Jennah and Edwards now back will have plenty of pace to attack them with. 2-2 looks a good bet, 200 odd happy Gulls in attendance
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Whydoibother wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 16:02 Unfortunately I cannot make this now, shame as haven't been there for a few years. Hopefully the weather wont ruin the game. We seem to score plenty but concede a few too. Never going to be a 0-0. With Jennah and Edwards now back will have plenty of pace to attack them with. 2-2 looks a good bet, 200 odd happy Gulls in attendance
I last went to Halifax in 1999, to see us lose 2-0.

It was a memorable match for two reasons.
1. I can only assume the ref left his cards in the car as there were a lot of challenges flying around and no one was booked (although probably will look on the internet and prove me wrong)
2. We did a corner routine where it seemed we were actually swapping the corner taker, but actually the initial player and touched it and then the 'new' corner taker ran with the ball into the box (think it was Mick O'Brien).

Hopefully tomorrows result is better.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Halifax have beefed up their attack by signing Jack Redshaw ex Morecambe, Blackpool and Salford City.
After a great start they have stumbled of late so like lucy I am going for a 2-1 win for United Reid and Janneh to score.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Looking forward to it - one of my faves - and of course will be there with the Yorkshire Gulls. :)
Be great to see Lucy6Lucy again and the fans from the dark side of the Pennines- allowing them to visit gods own county... :no:
We must be going soft. :@ =D
And of course all the other exiles and fans travelling up from the South - safe trip everyone.
Hopefully we see a performance like we did at Stockport and not Notts County.......
We will be frequenting the Three Pigeons Pub (5 mins from the railway station then 10 to the ground) for a pre/post match cheeky drink or three!
Be good to see you there!
Up the Gulls!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

portugull wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:06 Halifax have beefed up their attack by signing Jack Redshaw ex Morecambe, Blackpool and Salford City.
After a great start they have stumbled of late so like lucy I am going for a 2-1 win for United Reid and Janneh to score.
hes a midfielder.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:08 hes a midfielder.....
Been without a club since leaving Salford in June, so hopefully not 100% match fit! :scarf:
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Wish you stalwarts Good Luck at Halifax today and I hope your marathon trip is rewarded.

I hope to listen in Thailand on Devon Radio and watch the other scores on :-

https://www.flashscore.com/football/eng ... standings/

Much quicker updates than the BBC :clap:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

On the train down. Looked a few weeks ago and all trains were stupidly expensive. Checked again in the buzz just after Janneh signed and there was a normal priced advanced single via Glasgow. Think I am 10 games unbeaten watching us, and both the last two have been 4-0 away wins...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

SuperNickyWroe all the internet data describes Redshaw as a forward or striker.
At Morecambe for 4 years scored 36 goals in 120 games.
In 9 year career has scored 64 times.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think it's safe to say, good job the team aren't at home today, with tree's down and flooded roads around the bay, newton abbot and surrounding areas. Safe journey to all the fans travelling, hopefully can bring back the points.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Gulliball wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 09:28 On the train down. Looked a few weeks ago and all trains were stupidly expensive. Checked again in the buzz just after Janneh signed and there was a normal priced advanced single via Glasgow. Think I am 10 games unbeaten watching us, and both the last two have been 4-0 away wins...
We need to crowd fund your attendance to every single game. We'll be in the Premiership in 5 years!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Midlandgull wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 13:12 We need to crowd fund your attendance to every single game. We'll be in the Premiership in 5 years!
With a 6,000 capacity stadium. :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

grockle wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 13:22 With a 6,000 capacity stadium. :lol:
Didn't stop Bournemouth ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Squad Vs FC Halifax:
Covolan (GK), Wynter, Davis, Cameron (c), Andrew, Vincent, Buse, Reid, Cundy, Janneh, Whitfield

SUBS: MacDonald (GK), Lewis, Niate, Lumbombo-Kalala
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"