Dorchester Vs Torquay 28.7.2018 PSF

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Dorchester Vs Torquay 28.7.2018 PSF

Post by __quiet__gull »

Time to get back to the football, at least try to.

Dorchester Vs Torquay - Final Pre-season friendly.

A few bits about Dorchester Town F.C:

- Made 5 signings so far for the 2018/19 season, most notably a 19 year old CB from Plymouth.
- Dorchester have had a mixed pre-season, drawing with a Plymouth youth/reserve team, beating Saltash and most recently losing 2-0 to Yeovil.
- Last season they finished 19th in the Southern Premier League (one tier down from NLS)

I will try and provide a run down after I watch the game on Saturday. I am hoping for a much more solid performance from what would likely be the 11 players that will line up against Chelmsford in our first league game.

Safe trip to anyone going on Saturday.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Seems odd that we'd end with such a low-level opponent. We usually start with the pub teams then move onto the grown-ups. Still, I suppose if we're to spend a whole season turning out against teams of **** estate agents and van drivers, we might as well warm up against the same.

I've rather enjoyed your reports, Quiet, keep 'em comin'.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Matt88 wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 11:20 Seems odd that we'd end with such a low-level opponent. We usually start with the pub teams then move onto the grown-ups. Still, I suppose if we're to spend a whole season turning out against teams of **** estate agents and van drivers, we might as well warm up against the same.

I've rather enjoyed your reports, Quiet, keep 'em comin'.

Matt.
Agreed... odd PSF fixture card, if you think Nabi and Hall are unfit then gosh you should have seen them at Poole Town. Looked as if each had a steel cart in tow... if anything these games should help a bit with fitness.

Thanks Matt... My sentence structure, word selection, adjectives and grammar are devoid at times! - but if you can get past that then hopefully what I write is entertaining at some level.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

For anyone travelling by train from the South East, be aware that there is a bus replacement service from Bournemouth to Dorchester South. Adding an extra hour, (at least) to your travelling time. Those dreaded engineering works I am afraid. It takes less than 15 minutes to walk from the station to the ground.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

__quiet__gull wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 11:30
Thanks Matt... My sentence structure, word selection, adjectives and grammar are devoid at times! - but if you can get past that then hopefully what I write is entertaining at some level.
:~D

You've either been here a week, or ten years. Others will be along shortly to explain how I know this and why I'm chucking as a result.

Anyway, enough of this. There's a Series 1 episode of The Simpsons on and I've got work to pretend to do.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Matt88 wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 11:41 :~D

You've either been here a week, or ten years. Others will be along shortly to explain how I know this and why I'm chucking as a result.

Anyway, enough of this. There's a Series 1 episode of The Simpsons on and I've got work to pretend to do.

Matt.
:lol:
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Matt88, your posts are without doubt a great reason to sign into this wonderful forum daily!!!
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

If travelling from the South East by train - Update - The situation appears to be worse and further compounded due to strike action. I shall be driving!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Team:
PSF #tufc Squad Vs @DorchTownFC: MacDonald (GK), Wynter, Davis, Sokolik, Banton, Bawling, Hyuga Tanner, Niate, Roberts, Pittman, Robbie Leitch, SUBS: Burton (GK), Essuman, Keating, Hall, Williams, Koszela, Dickson, Reid

Edit: Bit of research and if they are who I think they are (relatively unique names), Hyuga Tanner is a 21 year old CM, came through Blackburn Rovers youth before moving to Bala Town in Welsh Premier League. Likewise, Robbie Leitch is also a midfielder, 20 years old and was at Queen's Park in Scottish League 1 last season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

OllieGull wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 14:15 Team:
PSF #tufc Squad Vs @DorchTownFC: MacDonald (GK), Wynter, Davis, Sokolik, Banton, Bawling, Hyuga Tanner, Niate, Roberts, Pittman, Robbie Leitch, SUBS: Burton (GK), Essuman, Keating, Hall, Williams, Koszela, Dickson, Reid
Hello ! two new names in the team- trialists? - Hyuga Tanner ex-Bolton Wanders U23's midfielder and Robbie Leitch ex-St Mirren U20's on loan from Queens Park.another midfielder

Lots of midfielders when we really needed to see a target man. Glad to see Pittman given some game time we may well need him during the season if injuries occur.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Josh gowling not in the squad at all? Plastic pitch or have we seen the last of him?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Porky wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 15:07 Josh gowling not in the squad at all? Plastic pitch or have we seen the last of him?
Is he at the game? If he is then you can put it down to the plastic pitch.
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

Perhaps Gowling will become Player / assistant coach so we have someone in place if GO departs.
Sadly, i suspect this is very unlikely. He is by head and shoulders our best player so should be utilised.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Gowling definitely travelled with the squad to the game (Pittman posted a video on his Instagram of it, alongside Bawling and Banton), so not sure why he's not playing.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

No Nabi either? I understand he looked a little tired against Poole so perhaps a rest day?