FA Cup

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Re. Gary Johnson - I'm SO glad WE have him on board. :scarf: As for Plymouth, IF they came calling that would be a problem :@ but as GJ has just left a Club that stands 24 places below Plymouth, hopefully that's unlikely. Cheltenham are in the relegation places so that's not much of a rec. for Plymouth right now.

GJ is a great Guy and seems a 'hand in glove' fit at TUFC - it is very early days but ALL the signs are good.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Ben Gerring is a bit of mystery isn't he? I had assumed that he died after a shark attack in Australia:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-04/ ... al/7477300

More recently we hear that he gets a transfer to Billericay on a rumoured salary of 50k per year - really??

The he goes back to Truro on loan, and now he's at Woking - what's the betting he scores the winning goal against us at Plainmoor?

(Condolences of course to the family of the 'other' Ben Gerring)
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Has anybody seen this? The Woking manager (in the blue jumper) really doesn't look too happy, and there's groans from the room at the mere mention of Torquay!

https://t.co/QJjaCqlEJE?amp=1
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

They all say;

A big club away, a previous club they've played for or an easy tie at home.

The form team in your division away would have been as popular for them as Aldershot away was for Torquay a few years ago in the final qualifying round. Ie a non glamour tie and realistically a defeat being possible. Seems a fair reaction to be fair.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If our rejuvenated squad needed an incentive GJ should play this clip in the dressing room before the game.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Plainmoor was lively in the league game, but buoyed by a few wins since could see a further increase in attendance and volume. I wasn't saying that it was an unreasonable reaction from the Woking management Parky's, just highlighting that I think they'll be some trepidation in their camp.

Our team are flying and our fans are loud. Bring a mate, double the gate. It would be great to see the Popside in full voice and make Plainmoor feel like Hell to anyone in red and white.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I see that Woking are subsidising coach fares for the cup match. £10 adults, £5 children. That should bring a few extra supporters!