Torquay united fans united day (PAFC)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Pafc1985 wrote:We're all going to be in with the Torquay fans.

Fair play, full respect.
Lucy
Pafc1985
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: luke young

Post by Pafc1985 »

Thankyou
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

Utmost respect to Argyle fans supporting us - what REAL football fans are all about. To any PAFC fans reading this -a warm welcome for Tuesday and a BIG THANK YOU!
Pafc1985
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pafc1985 »

Here's todays article from The Non-League Paper.
Attachments
PAFC074_zpsfpsjmwzu.jpg
ExeterLoyal
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by ExeterLoyal »

City fan in peace, gents.

Just thought I'd sign up to let you all know, that there are a fair few Exeter fans also popping along on Tuesday night to support your boys. Although, even though I say this, I believe they're going in the away end as they're only young lads, and don't want to end up getting into any sort of trouble with Argyle fans (not saying there will be trouble makers there, but you never know)

Unfortunately I won't be there, but I sincerely hope that you get out of this mess and join ourselves and PAFC back in the league sooner rather than later!
Pafc1985
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pafc1985 »

ExeterLoyal wrote:City fan in peace, gents.

Just thought I'd sign up to let you all know, that there are a fair few Exeter fans also popping along on Tuesday night to support your boys. Although, even though I say this, I believe they're going in the away end as they're only young lads, and don't want to end up getting into any sort of trouble with Argyle fans (not saying there will be trouble makers there, but you never know)

Unfortunately I won't be there, but I sincerely hope that you get out of this mess and join ourselves and PAFC back in the league sooner rather than later!

I couldn't agree with you more.
from an Argyle fan.
wozzer
Trialist
Trialist

Post by wozzer »

ExeterLoyal wrote:City fan in peace, gents.

trust me there will be no trouble. We are all football fans like yourselves.

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
eddyh wrote:I'm sure most people don't mean it this way but does anyone else find it a bit patronising. I'm away working so won't be there Tuesday and to be honest I'm quite glad about that

Sorry you feel that way because that isn't the intention. I am pretty sure most of us wouldn't be getting off work early, paying for a coach ticket and also a match ticket on a Tuesday night to patronise you.

Added in 5 minutes 27 seconds:
eddyh wrote:I'm sure most people don't mean it this way but does anyone else find it a bit patronising. I'm away working so won't be there Tuesday and to be honest I'm quite glad about that

Sorry you feel that way because that isn't the intention. I am pretty sure most of us wouldn't be getting off work early, paying for a coach ticket and also a match ticket on a Tuesday night to patronise you.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Don't apologise, Wozzer. Pay no attention to Eddy. It's a fantastic gesture from you and all other Argyle/City fans making the trip.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

Already said by me and others but this is what real football is about, especially so down here. The Westcountry clubs have to stick together! Full respect to Argyle and City fans who attend.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Can't express my thanks to rival clubs' fans for this gesture.

PAtronising? Schmatronising. This is a welcome, genuine act of support, and I for one will accept it gracefully. I hope to be able to buy one of you visiting fans a pint in the nest. :clap:
TUST member 200 ;-)
ExeterLoyal
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ExeterLoyal »

Be sure to let us know if you're planning on doing another Fans United game, and I'll make sure to pop down, and let as many other City fans know about it and get them down too!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I and, I'm sure, all true Torquay supporters are humbled by these demonstrations of support from both our Devon neighbours, which are so much appreciated.

We may have our friendly local rivalries on match days, and we all have our share of occasional young trouble-making idiots in need of re-education, but ultimately we'm all Deb'mshire buys and, whatever league our teams happen to be playing in, we're all lovers of the great game. Not to mention a pint or two together in the pub after the match!

Long may it continue, for all of us.
Pafc1985
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pafc1985 »

torq2u wrote:Can't express my thanks to rival clubs' fans for this gesture.

PAtronising? Schmatronising. This is a welcome, genuine act of support, and I for one will accept it gracefully. I hope to be able to buy one of you visiting fans a pint in the nest. :clap:
Ok thankyou, I'll be on the coach.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

No, Pafc1985. Come into the ground. I'm not bringing it out to you ;-)
TUST member 200 ;-)
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

torq2u wrote: I hope to be able to buy one of you visiting fans a pint in the nest. :clap:
Glad you only said 'one' .. but that could cause problems unless you also have a packet of straws so the rest of them can share it!