Torquay United v Aldershot 14/12/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Shot By Both Sides
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Alex Finney

Post by Shot By Both Sides »

tomogull wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 01:04 Yes - the fortunes of both clubs have taken a dive in recent seasons. Over many seasons, we have had some great games going back to Div 3 (south), Div 2 (or Div. 4) and the Conference so I've always had a bit of a 'soft spot' for the 'Shots. But I have to say, yesterday's Aldershot side was the worst we have played against this season. The midfield was okay but in attack and in defence - very weak. And players were swearing at each other. Never a good sign.

I was pleased to see you escaped relegation last season due to Gateshead's problems, but on yesterday's showing, you won't escape again. Sorry to be a prophet of doom! Maybe you'll have a change of manager which will turn things around. On yesterday's showing, the sooner the better.
I must of course correct you here. Even after today's disappointing blank at home to Barnet, we've easily enough to finish mid-table or better.

It was clear that Dominic Littlewood wasn't bothered about the FA Trophy and the players showed that in the high-performance.

Last week we beat Stockport not long after they bulleted you at home.

But I think we can all agree that this really is a Jekyll and Hyde league!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I suspect although we do have a lot in common Shots fan . Let's both hope like hell that Woking end up getting relegated ! If anybody full deserves it - it is them.
Shot By Both Sides
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Alex Finney

Post by Shot By Both Sides »

It was clear that Dominic Littlewood wasn't bothered about the FA Trophy and the players showed that in the high-performance.
Should read NON-performance... we do a lot of those... :)