Torquayunited v FC Halifax 14/4/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Jacket8 wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 22:22 Why not just get behind the players and give them the support they need!
Because the majority of them don’t deserve it.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Jerry wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 22:05 Keep hearing that Osborne is and always has been convinced Owers is the right man for the job but this post from Pete F on the TFF suggests this hasn't actually always been the case.

http://torquayfans.boards.net/thread/12 ... nformation

If he agreed to meet to talk about the position in November it suggests he wasn't convinced then and nothing Owers has done since can have made him more convinced surely?

Just because "honest" Clarke (or his lackey Chris Rich) have said Owers is definitely here next season doesn't mean it's true.
I was struck by that too. It made me wonder if the fans made their feelings known strongly enough at the last three home matches might Osborne change his mind.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jacket8 wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 22:22 Why not just get behind the players and give them the support they need!
For once.

Words fail me.
Shaykaleg
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: nicky wrowe

Post by Shaykaleg »

I really feel for you Gulls fans. We Town supporters know what you're going through having been relegated ourselves only 2 years ago. Ironically if we hadn't have sacked Billy Heath a few months ago,this game would be just as important to us as it is to yourselves. We did successfully bounce back after being relegated to National North though and it CAN be done at the first attempt, and I hope you can do the same if the worst happens. I've seen many Town v Torquay games going back to the mid 60's when I was a young lad and it will be a sad day to see you go. Good luck.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thanks mate. By the way great name ! It is so sad how far we have fallen but unlike yourselves I just cannot see us coming back.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Grand National day 2007. Torquay win 1-0 with a goal from Reuben Reid. Go to pub, watch recording of the race, switch to Grandstand to see all other results have gone against TUFC and we are out of the League for the first time.
Fast forward to today and we could be dropping out of the National League this afternoon. I'm going for the Yellows to have their last hurrah, if only because Halifax had to play on Thursday night.
On the equine coincidence front, Now McGinty runs in the 1.45 at Aintree. Or as is more likely to be heard on the Popside, Too Late McGinty.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

HockeyGull wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 10:45 Grand National day 2007. Torquay win 1-0 with a goal from Reuben Reid. Go to pub, watch recording of the race, switch to Grandstand to see all other results have gone against TUFC and we are out of the League for the first time.
Fast forward to today and we could be dropping out of the National League this afternoon. I'm going for the Yellows to have their last hurrah, if only because Halifax had to play on Thursday night.
On the equine coincidence front, Now McGinty runs in the 1.45 at Aintree. Or as is more likely to be heard on the Popside, Too Late McGinty.
Didn't we draw 1-1 with Peterborough United that day? Swear it was because I missed the Torquay goal while trying to look for news of the race on my phone.
And it wasn't results going against us either, we simply had to win to avoid going down that day. Everybody around me in the grandstand knew Torquay had gone down at full time.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 11:01 Didn't we draw 1-1 with Peterborough United that day? Swear it was because I missed the Torquay goal while trying to look for news of the race on my phone.
And it wasn't results going against us either, we simply had to win to avoid going down that day. Everybody around me in the grandstand knew Torquay had gone down at full time.
Stick to Hockey
Plainmoor78 wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 11:01 Didn't we draw 1-1 with Peterborough United that day? Swear it was because I missed the Torquay goal while trying to look for news of the race on my phone.
And it wasn't results going against us either, we simply had to win to avoid going down that day. Everybody around me in the grandstand knew Torquay had gone down at full time

If Reids going to score I think it will put another couple on the gate as it will be a rare occasion. :)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

In the annals of great contributors' names, shaykaleg has got to be in the Top 10.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Ironically the 2007 grand national was also on 14th April that year.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

That's how I remember it. The last 10 minutes were absolutely bizarre, we needed a win to stave off relegation and Posh needed a win to go up (or maybe get in the play offs), so both sides were playing 5 forwards at the end and still neither of us could score!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

If we lose then a win for either Woking or Barrow seals our fate. Given our goal difference, drawing if Woking win would also effectively mean relegation. Kind of wish I was there. Kind of glad I'm not. Will be listening on the radio nonetheless.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Funny how the mind plays tricks, could have sworn we won that one!
You're right Mr Arcadia, I should have stuck to hockey. I retired from playing after 36 years service at the end of last season so I haven't missed a home game at Plainmoor since.....enough to send anyone doolally.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Judging by the amount of people currently in the ground attendance could well be below 1000
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 14:33 Judging by the amount of people currently in the ground attendance could well be below 1000
just couldn't summon the energy for the 68 mile round trip. will listen online. Plenty of tissues on hand.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066