Torquay United v Forest Green Rovers matchday thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

BayGull wrote:Switched on radio .... Breed screaming down the microphone - Fleet at a funeral ... switch off and go out.

End of.
See ya then. You're missing a bloody great game.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Almost as good as your qoute of Kiss and make up! :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

A cockle warming 20 minutes
Come on lads
Don't spare the horses
Pedal to the metal
Fill yet boots

Have it!!!
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Pleased that we are taking our chances in this game. We've been wasteful recently.

STIP
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

OK. Here we go again. ref's inconsistency. Now Martin Rice tries to kick the ball up field. Hughes prevents him. The ref does nothing. again. Now what is wrong with the application of this rule. if he was impeded. what was wrong this time. it's getting too inconsistent to me. Can't see the match obviously. But just how many variations on a theme can you get on a simple occurrence.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

wow it's quiet on here today Scott. Where is everyone else. Just thee Me and Wisconsin on here. No one else contributing

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

2-1

STIP
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Oops. Another defensive slipup. Come on United. Lets get another one to keep their heads down.

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Glostergull wrote:Having seen so many posts slagging off the commentary team. and many going on about how they get facts wrong. Many lauding the efforts of Mr Fleet.etc. Well i can only say that it has to be bias. Is he a fan from the terraces picked to commentate or something. why do people decry the efforts of others who in my opinion do give us a good picture of the match and atmosphere.
I give one example of what I am on about. There were posts seemingly criticising the commentary at the Barnet match which for me was excellent. Gave me all the info I needed. Gave a good account of the atmosphere and surrounding facts.
Now to today. I have logged on and within 5 minutes Mr Fleet on commentating on the preamble to the match refer to Forest Green as team from the Forest of Dean.If he is so good. why can't he get a well known fact right. I don't know anyone who thinks They are from the other side of the river.
Why do you abuse some of the others when they get facts wrong yet ignore the faux pas of your favourite commentators. In future I will ignore the threads going on about commentators. It's not factual it's just bias.at the expense of others.
I didnt read any slagging off of the commo team for the Barnet game. I posted a positive comment about Steve and Paul and got stick for it. Again, as I explained on the thread and in a pm, I was not being sarcastic or taking the p!$$. I would certainly not take the p!$$ out of either of them.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

it's so quiet I almost feel as if i could share a can of lager with ya. but will settle for a cuppa. Want one? Sure i can get on down the line somehow.

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I hate Lee Hughes. He shames football. Break a leg Lee.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

So Hughes tried to get Ryan Bowman off the floor. How far can he go before he get's
1. Booked.or even sent off
2 Can be accused of causing further injury to a player
3 Could even be accused of an asasult
and where were our off field trainers and physio. they should have been there anyway.

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unfortunately couldn't go at the last ninute. Sounds as though FG should have got a red card. Typically that rodent Hughes got involved and it only ended up as a yellow.
Still seems its all kickiing off at half time. Its typical though that after all our sendings off our opponents seem to be able to do what they like and get away from it.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Good gracious. Brucie is here after all. Well Brucie surely you can give us some credit this time.
Interestingly. we have had comments on other teams harassing the ref. Trying to influence his decision.
This time we have done likewise. But does it really work. could it actually work against us. and what effect did it have this time. I can't think it did. and why didn't the linesman involve himself in the matter especially in respect of Hughes trying to instigate a fight with our players.

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Sounds like FGR are lucky to have 11 players on the pitch. Poor defending apparently for their goal. Berry appears to be making right back his own position, booked needlessly though (obviously fits in with the rest of the team!)